Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Change Date Display

More
13 years 10 months ago #21 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Change Date Display
Back on topic: you may have noticed that an absolute date/time format is displayed as a tool tip - when you hover your mouse over the "x ... ago" relative times - here at www.kunena.com . The version of Kunena used at this site is K 1.5.12 which is about to be released to the public in the next few days (at least, that's the plan) :)

Now, is everybody happy? :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Change Date Display
It's very hard to run a huge project like Kunena; there are just too many things to do and never enough time to do everything. So I'm trying to say, that I'm sorry for my silence lately.

I don't like the tone of this discussion -- and I'm not pointing anyone particular. At times we could all look at the mirror (or at least to the monitor) and read what got written -- before pushing that submit button.

Back to the subject: Nobody knows the exact date when Kunena 1.6 will be out. My TODO list is getting short, though: there are just 5 tasks that I need to do before we can release beta. :) And as Kunena 1.6 is already pretty stable, I believe that it won't take long to get final release out after that (if we forget J1.6 testing and release before it gets stable on J1.6).

BTW: If I had to list top 3 features that I hate the most in Kunena, one of them would be Karma. The feature itself is a great idea, but the implementation just makes it too easy to abuse the feature. I had to disable it from my site just after 2 days because of the hate wars it initiated..

I want to change that feature towards user activity, thanks (positive), reports (negative), moderation, bans and reviews. Result of those actions would be reputation, which is not something one can change just by giving vote to the user.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds