Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Solved - Remove Tabs & Move Search to Profile Box

More
13 years 10 months ago #11 by TBC
That did it! Thanks again for all of your help and especially for your patience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #12 by ugur

More
13 years 10 months ago #13 by TBC
Man, hate to hit this again but had a look in IE (I use Firefox) and there's a red x showing up where the image was. Any ideas here?
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #14 by sozzled
TBC wrote:

Any ideas on how to get rid of the -/+ (collapse and expand icon) next to the search box?

This is what I wrote in another discussion on the same subject:

Before we start dealing with ways to prevent you from being able to upgrade Kunena in the future, because you want to customise your site (please read what I wrote ... in Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on ), what is the specific problem with this "button"? I mean, why not take a lateral look at the problem.

You ... decided for some reason :unsure: , that this object ... is ... [inappropriate to your needs] So, let me ask you a simple question: look at this page: is there something wrong with the way this page is laid out? If you can answer that question, then maybe we need to look at ways to redesign Kunena?

I still don't know the technical answer to your problem. I mean, it could take me a couple of hours to find every place where the shrink.gif is referenced and to isolate which parts of those files you should change and which parts you should not change. But, are we only talking conserving the 10 lousy pixels of space? :dry:

I think this is another example of what is covered by the Law of Diminishing Returns.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 10 months ago #15 by TBC
So, if I understand you correctly... you're saying that you can't help and that I'm somehow out of line for asking? At any rate, that 10px is important to me and if you don't care I would respectfully request that you leave the thread alone.

No offense intended, and sorry if I misunderstood your reply. If I did understand you correctly I would appreciate your time in deleting your post (and this one as well) as it doesn't seem to advance the discussion.

More
13 years 10 months ago #16 by sozzled
No, I'm not saying that I can't help and, no, you are not out of line for asking your question. I will agree that my help may not be what you were expecting and, perhaps, you might not agree with my recommendations.

Many of our users get "hung up" on finding technical solutions to non-technical (or relatively unimportant) problems. Let's not forget the big picture: the big picture is that we help you keep a stable, reliable, well-conditioned and supportable software component for your forum needs. I think you would agree that this is your objective. This is also Kunena's objective. We are in total agreement on that point.

By making one small change, you jeopardise that objective. By making two small changes, you compound that jeopardy. The more changes you make, the more unlikely you will retain the stability, reliability, good condition and supportability of your software and, as a result, in meeting your forum needs. That's the point that I am trying to make and, in this context, I believe it is entirely relevant to this discussion.

10 px may be important but there's no need to get defensive and belligerent about it. OK? ;)

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #17 by TBC
No, it's germane to your discussion... I need to get rid of that little red X so if you can't help with that I'd really appreciate you removing the thread jack.

Thread Jack
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by TBC.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #18 by sozzled
ugur wrote (earlier in this thread) :

www.kunena.com/forum/136-templates-and-d...-profile-kunena-1511

I've updated that topic: there's your answer. ;)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 10 months ago #19 by TBC
Thanks, but I'm not trying to remove the profile box.... I'm trying to get rid of a little red X where the expand and contract image used to be.

More
13 years 10 months ago #20 by sozzled
With a little bit of experimentation you could have adapted my suggestion to suit your needs. How about this idea?

#Kunena_top {
display:none;
}

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds