Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Automatically Embed Videos

More
13 years 10 months ago #11 by Cerberus
sozzled wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Moonstone. I've learnt something new! :woohoo:

Guess what? Type a You Tube URL and Kunena does automagically embed the video player into the message post. Don't ask me if that's a Kunena feature or a You Tube feature. I'm still stunned at how easily that works! :side:

As for whether other video providers make it as easy in Kunena, I haven't a clue!

Have you tried? :lol:

yes its a kunena feature and no for any other video (eg google) you need to add the boardcode tags as sozzled said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #12 by woonydanny
With automagically embedded youtube vids i have had problems in the past when viewing on IE7 that it will throw an aborted operation error. So i have had to go in and manually change the link to a proper video boardcode then it works fine in Firefox and IE.

still wish that i can write my forum signature through a jomsocial plugin and do it from my jomsocial profile :(

• C0n
  • C0n's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 10 months ago #13 by C0n
Replied by C0n on topic Re: Automatically Embed Videos
i think kunena is fantastic in total :) its one of the easyest to use and advanced forums ive ever seen :D

• C0n
  • C0n's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 10 months ago #14 by C0n
Replied by C0n on topic Re: Automatically Embed Videos
but back to the topic i just wanted to know does anyone know how kunena does it or how can i add in more videos for it to automaticly embed into the post :D like it does with youtube.

More
13 years 1 month ago #15 by pyxle
Youtube videos are NOT automatically embedding for us. Yes I set it to do that in the configuration. Also using the BBC tags doesn't work either. I followed all other post info about changing the text allowed to 11 etc. Nothing seems to work. We cannot get youtube videos to show up in our posts
wolvesreign.com is our website. Any help would be appreciated. Using Kunena 1.5 with the Infinity template.

Time to create page: 0.492 seconds