Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Is the Kunena parser stripping out module functionality code?

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #11 by Moonstone
I'm sorry, I'm not a coder. I hate to ask for a step-by-step, but I'm really confused and my users are anxious to get this functionality. I'm really desperate for help, here.

Can anyone please give some specifics? I can't figure this out. :(
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Moonstone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #12 by Moonstone
To clarify, this is what I'm trying to accomplish.

All I'm looking to do is create a mouseover tooltip whenever a Wowhead link is posted.

So, for example, if you saw this link:
Code:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=4536

Mousing over it would automatically produce a tooltip that would look like the following:

If you want to see it live and in action on a Kunena forum, I've found examples of it to be working on these websites:
If I simply place this code:
Code:
<script src="http://static.wowhead.com/widgets/power.js"></script>
into components\com_kunena\template\default_ex\view.php and make a post with a Wowhead link, I get a whitescreen referencing that line of code and a parse error. Which made me understand that is why Xillibit said a new custom BBCode would need to be loaded into the Kunena parser (would that be, specifically, components\com_kunena\lib\kunena.parser.php ?).

I found this link on how to create custom BBCode in Kunena:

gworldz.com/index.php?option=com_content...x&catid=29&Itemid=62

But I'm still not sure how to specifically make the needed changes, or if this is even what I need to do.

I've spent two months combing this website and Google searches, annoying admins with PMs and help request posts. I'm at the end of my rope.

Can anyone please help me?
Attachments:

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #13 by tharot
I've just placed following code into my Joomla template "/templates/yourtemplate/index.php":
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://static.wowhead.com/widgets/power.js"></script>
Thus, it's working for Joomla articles as well as for Kunena postings - but, what I've seen it should also work, if you include it into Kunena's view.php.

However, I think you just forgot the "script type" on your website.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure, how Cwizardtx has managed it with the BBCode (e.g. [item]item name[/item]) - but, at least a normal link will work with "my" instruction.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by tharot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ender, Jiminimonka

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #14 by Moonstone
Unbelievable!!! It works!

I've used the Powered by Wowhead plugin for three years, which accomplishes this throughout your website (news articles, etc), but forums are notorious for not recognizing it.

Placing that one line of code in my template's index.php file worked! Now it works everywhere, including Kunena! It now takes the place of my plugin.

Thank you so much!!! I can finally sleep, LOL!

P.S. I don't care about getting it to work with the item tags. As far as I'm concerned, this is perfect. =)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #15 by ender
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by ender.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds