Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Loved Own Kunena Login

More
14 years 6 months ago #21 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re:Own Kunena Login
Hi ppeluse,

I'll do some testing and try to find solution. Stay tuned ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #22 by JoniJnm
Replied by JoniJnm on topic Re:Own Kunena Login
I've added your hack to my edition. Thanks you!

More
14 years 5 months ago #23 by Toasty
Replied by Toasty on topic Re:Own Kunena Login
I have just installed your patch on Kunena 1.5.7 and Joomla 1.5.15. Login works perfectly - Thank You!!

Unfortunately I am experiencing redirection problems with Registration. When registering as a new user, after submitting my data I am directed to the index page, which contains the email activation notice. Upon activation I am dumped at an "Activation Complete" page, rather than my initial starting point. Since a user is most likely prompted to initially register in order to respond to a specific posting, it seems to be counter-productive to redirect him/her away from that post.

Since the same problem exists with Joomla, I previously evaluated AlphaRegistration which solved the problem nicely in both Joomla and Kunena. However that solution does not appear to work for Kunena after applying your patch.

Am I overlooking something, or is there anyway to return the user to their starting page after both the registration and login processes? Thanks for your patch, it is a great improvement for Kunena!

More
14 years 5 months ago #24 by Fran
Replied by Fran on topic Re:Own Kunena Login
hi @quila. Thanks for your login box. I have been using it on Kunena 1.5.5 without any problems as I replaced the files with your files. However, I am trying now to upgrade to Kunena 1.5.7, especially because Alpha User Points are now integrated.

The problem I have is with profilebox.php file. I can't find "@quila" in the code of your file, and if I replace the original in Kunena 1.5.7 with your one, I lose the alpha points integration with the profile box. Can you please label where you have hacked the profilebox.php or better still, upgrade it so that it is usable for Kunena 1.5.7. I would really appreciate it. I can't upgrade to Kunena 1.5.7 until that is sorted out. Thanks.

More
14 years 5 months ago #25 by @quila
Toasty wrote:

I have just installed your patch on Kunena 1.5.7 and Joomla 1.5.15. Login works perfectly - Thank You!!

Unfortunately I am experiencing redirection problems with Registration. When registering as a new user, after submitting my data I am directed to the index page, which contains the email activation notice. Upon activation I am dumped at an "Activation Complete" page, rather than my initial starting point. Since a user is most likely prompted to initially register in order to respond to a specific posting, it seems to be counter-productive to redirect him/her away from that post.

Since the same problem exists with Joomla, I previously evaluated AlphaRegistration which solved the problem nicely in both Joomla and Kunena. However that solution does not appear to work for Kunena after applying your patch.

Am I overlooking something, or is there anyway to return the user to their starting page after both the registration and login processes? Thanks for your patch, it is a great improvement for Kunena!

Hi Toasty,
this patch have nothing to do with Registration process. This patch give a possibility to your users to login and stay on same page where it is. If you have problem with registration this is related to Joomla or Components you are using for registration. For now, it is not possible with this patch to go back to the post after registration, sorry.

More
14 years 5 months ago #26 by @quila
Fran wrote:

hi @quila. Thanks for your login box. I have been using it on Kunena 1.5.5 without any problems as I replaced the files with your files. However, I am trying now to upgrade to Kunena 1.5.7, especially because Alpha User Points are now integrated.

The problem I have is with profilebox.php file. I can't find "@quila" in the code of your file, and if I replace the original in Kunena 1.5.7 with your one, I lose the alpha points integration with the profile box. Can you please label where you have hacked the profilebox.php or better still, upgrade it so that it is usable for Kunena 1.5.7. I would really appreciate it. I can't upgrade to Kunena 1.5.7 until that is sorted out. Thanks.

Hi Fran,
I didn't yet make change in this patch for using with K1.5.7.
I'll try to do this tomorow and post back here when is ready.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #27 by Geni
Replied by Geni on topic Re:Own Kunena Login
hi @quila, it now works perfectly, only a small blemish, depending on the width of the monitor. Enclosed Sreenshots.
Thanks you!
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Geni.

More
14 years 4 months ago #28 by Azure
Replied by Azure on topic Re:Own Kunena Login
Hi @quila

Great hack!

Everything seems to be ok with the exception of some errors I get when I'm not logged in. Like this.
Code:
Warning: include(/hermes/bosweb/web159/b1594/ipg.uptheborocom2/smogchat/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/login/login.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web159/b1594/ipg.uptheborocom2/smogchat/components/com_kunena/template/default/post.php on line 1773 Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/hermes/bosweb/web159/b1594/ipg.uptheborocom2/smogchat/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/login/login.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.4/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web159/b1594/ipg.uptheborocom2/smogchat/components/com_kunena/template/default/post.php on line 1773

810 has installed 1.5.8 RC1 for me (I WILL be sending him some beer money, courtesy of our members ;)).

Any idea what is causing this?

Cheers,

Azure

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

More
14 years 4 months ago #29 by Azure
Replied by Azure on topic Re:Own Kunena Login
Can @quila or someone else point me in the right direction please?

Thank you!

Azure

Azure wrote:

Hi @quila

Great hack!

Everything seems to be ok with the exception of some errors I get when I'm not logged in. Like this.

Code:
Warning: include(/hermes/bosweb/web159/b1594/ipg.uptheborocom2/smogchat/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/login/login.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosweb/web159/b1594/ipg.uptheborocom2/smogchat/components/com_kunena/template/default/post.php on line 1773 Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/hermes/bosweb/web159/b1594/ipg.uptheborocom2/smogchat/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/login/login.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.4/lib/php') in /hermes/bosweb/web159/b1594/ipg.uptheborocom2/smogchat/components/com_kunena/template/default/post.php on line 1773

810 has installed 1.5.8 RC1 for me (I WILL be sending him some beer money, courtesy of our members ;)).

Any idea what is causing this?

Cheers,

Azure

"Do or do not, there is no try..."

More
14 years 4 months ago #30 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:Own Kunena Login
He doesn't fin the file : /hermes/bosweb/web159/b1594/ipg.uptheborocom2/smogchat/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/login/login.php

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.851 seconds