Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question 500 Internal Server Error when trying to add a topic

More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by etusha
have you edit htaccess or have any HIDS (Host IDS) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #12 by toutski
No, I haven't made any changes to the htaccess file and I don't have any host ids.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #13 by sozzled
It's easy to explain why there are very few documented solutions to this kind of error. It's because users don't provide us with any feedback. HTTP 500 Internal Server Errors are caused because your webserver cannot output the request; more often this is because there is a broken script (.PHP, .JSP, .ASP) at the website. I've probably had millions of these errors in my lifetime ... and they're the worst to diagnose!

As far as your problem is concerned, because you're using fairly reliable PHP code written by experienced Joomla developers, these things are relatively uncommon. But the fact remains that there's something on your site that is causing a problem when you run that problem page.

I have my suspicion what's causing your problem (and I haven't visited your site yet) and here's a simple test to prove if I'm on the right track: uninstall all other site templates that you added (and any plugins that were installed with them) and just use rhuk_milkyway template and tell us if you still get the problem. Doesn't matter if it looks horrible, this is just a test and you can install those things again later if I'm wrong.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: toutski

More
13 years 8 months ago #14 by toutski
Thank you for the response, I really do appreciate it.

Unfortunately it really isn't practical to remove all themes and plug-ins from a live site.

I think I will have to try another solution.

Thanks anyway.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #15 by sozzled
Make a copy of your live site for testing purposes ... you should always work on a test site. In the meantime, no-one can post messages to your forum and there's not a lot of help we can give you other than the suggestions that we have already made. Perhaps now you understand why it's infernally difficult to fix 500 Internal Server Errors. Sorry. :(

This looks like another case of a 500 Internal Server Error that's going to remain unsolved.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #16 by toutski
I am managing over 50 sites so keeping up-to-date versions of each one for test is not really worth the overhead.

I am running Kunena on another Joomla site with no problems at all.

It was just incase you guys had a quick fix.

Thanks anyway.

More
13 years 5 months ago #17 by dingbusan
I have the same problem, & I've find the reason where it came from, when i enable the "Abivia.net Redaction Utility " plugin, the "500 Internal Server Error" will show.

More
13 years 5 months ago #18 by sozzled
Thanks for your input, dingbusan. There are several million reasons why people have HTTP 500 Internal Server errors. Sometimes they're easy to fix and sometimes they're not.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds