Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question First page dissappears, posts all mixed up

More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by F0l2saken
Ok it is fixed by using Default_ex

now the question is, why are templates included with this program that don't work right? That makes no sense at all, in the download I just got it includes and defaults when you install it to the default template, which doesn't work at all with page navigation.

I'd just give a good suggestion, remove the default template from the download, as well as all the other templates, because hey don't work besides default_ex, including them in an install is just going to make everything worse, especially when it defaults to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #12 by Cerberus
K1.5.9x

DEFAULT is not a template in its own right, it is the core files used by the default_ex template.

This has been changed in K1.6 as default is now an actual template " Blue Eagle "

More
13 years 8 months ago #13 by sozzled
I'm sorry seems to be another case of I have the same problem ... :whistle:

As we have mentioned on more occasions that anyone could possibly count, as far as K 1.5.x is concerned There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex .

Pagination problems are a recurring theme in the many questions that we receive at this website and so, too, are questions about out-of-order postings. These are only two examples of why we continually plead with our users K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

F0l2saken wrote: I'd just give a good suggestion, remove the default template from the download, as well as all the other templates, because hey don't work besides default_ex, including them in an install is just going to make everything worse, especially when it defaults to it.

From about K 1.5.8 the only template included with the Kunena installation kit was the default_ex template. The Kunena upgrade process does not replace or remove any other templates that users may have installed; the only template that is replaced as part of an upgrade is the default_ex template. For the whole life of the Kunena 1.5.x series, the initial, default setting has always been default_ex. If users have a different template then that's what they chose.

More
13 years 8 months ago #14 by Dr JM
sorry it took me so lo9ng to reply
i changed the template back to original
and it worked
so i went through and modified the css with more care this time and it worked
sorry to post about an issue regarding something that wasnt stock/default

More
13 years 8 months ago #15 by sozzled
That's all right and thank you for replying to this topic, JM.

As I have often remarked, when users post "I have the same problem" why don't users try the solution(s) given to previous, similar problems? All we can do is repeat what we've said before if, indeed, people do have exactly the same problem.

The basic tip that others who may stumble upon this thread is simply this: K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first.

I'm glad everything worked out well for you and I'm pleased that we were able to help. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr JM

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #16 by Dr JM
i dont see anywhere to give you positive karma
soo ill do it in a post :P
+ Karma for you sozzled :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Dr JM.

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds