Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Blank page on search results

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by sabias_que
Hi,

the search is returning a blank page with simple ore advance search. The behavior can been seen here: www.sabiasque.pt/foruns/search.html?q=trabalho

I've been through the forum and the solutions for other search results issues didn't apply to my case. I've also checked docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_to_diagnose_blank_page_on_kunena but no errors were reported by PHP.

Configuration:
- Joomla! version: 1.5.18
- Kunena version: 1.5.11

Kunena configuration changes from original configuration:
- Board Title: Fóruns @ Sabias Que?
- Board E-mail address: <my email address>
- Default Kunena Page: Categories
- Enable Rules Page: no
- Show rules in Kunena: no
- Enable Help page: no
- Show help in kunena: no
- Require E-mail: yes
- Max Subject length: 63
- Allow name change: yes
- E-mail moderators: yes
- E-mail administrators: yes
- Use avatar picture from: Community Builder
- Profile: Community Builder

Joomla! SEO configuration:
- Search Engine Friendly URLs: yes
- Use apache mod_rewrite: yes
- Add suffix to URLs: yes

Could anyone point me in the direction to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,
Pedro Ferreira

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by xillibit
sabias_que wrote:

I've been through the forum and the solutions for other search results issues didn't apply to my case. I've also checked docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_to_diagnose_blank_page_on_kunena but no errors were reported by PHP.

Hello,

In this doc, there is explained that you need to enable debug mode in joomla! configuration panel, so try that.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, Pedro, and welcome to Kunena. I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties.

I have a couple of suggestions to make. Upgrade to K 1.5.12 is my first recommendation.

I notice that your site loads some "mod_yoo_search" functions. I don't know, but I'm wondering if you have something on your website that is clobbering your Kunena search? Would you like to conduct an experiment and try disabling other modules or plugins to see if that pinpoints the cause of your problem?

I haven't heard that K 1.5.12 has problems with the search feature. As you can see, demonstrated here at www.kunena.com , the Kunena search feature works properly with K 1.5.12.

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by sabias_que
I've done that but there were no error messages.

Meanwhile I found the problem (explained in the anwser to next post).

Tks,
Pedro Ferreira

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by sabias_que
Hi,

I've never doubted it works, I was trying to find the origin of the problem in me environment.

And I did find. It was a problem with a test done in the template. The template was checking for a value in a query parameter with the same name as a Kunena parameter.

It's fixed. Thanks for your help.
Pedro Ferreira

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds