Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Viewing Topic only displays Kunena Code

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by SecondhandBuddah
Hello,

On my site www.memeticfoundation.org , I am running Kunena 1.5.11 and Joomla 1.5.18.
Everything looks good in Kunena until the Topic item is clicked. When the topic page loads, it is just text on a white screen. Viewing the source reveals that just the Kunena include code is there and that no other Joomla code is in the HTML.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Regards,
Robin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, SecondhandBuddah, and welcome to Kunena.

My [changed] subject says everything. Yes, we get this a lot. :)

I would suggest to you:
  1. Try to reproduce these symptoms with a different Joomla template (e.g. rhuk_milkyway) as a test, if nothing else, and please let us know whether my belief is correct that it's your RocketTheme template that is responsible for this problem.
  2. If I am correct - believe me, if you search for RocketTheme in these forums, you will see a hundred or more tales of problems with their templates and Kunena - you should seriously consider
    • obtaining a different site template
    • writing to RocketTheme and asking for their help and, if that is not forthcoming, demanding a refund of any money you paid them.
You might find my advice in another discussion - unrelated symptoms to yours - of some value: RocketTheme template causes 'This Webpage is not available' when edit, reply or create is clicked . We are still waiting for even one user to write back to this forum to inform us that they've had success with getting RocketTheme to find a solution to their issues. Good luck.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

I suggest that you following the instructions in this page : docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_to_diagnose_blank_page_on_kunena

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by SecondhandBuddah
Thanks for your help guys.
I really pull my hair out with Joomla sometimes. Open Source is a great idea when done well, but the extensibility also means that a hundred people could have contributed to the problem in a system like Joomla where we can plug in all kinds of code.

I ended up trawling through the log files to find the culprit.

It turns out the root culprit was a plugin by Jomsocial called FB Likes (Facebook likes). I turned it off, and Kunena is happy again.

Thanks for your prompt responses and assistance. Its really great to know that Kunena has such an active community. I cant wait for 1.6 :)

Regards,
Robin

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #5 by kat06
hi robin,

happy to hear that after disabling the jomsocial plugin your kunena forum is now working fine with our affinity template.

cheers,

kat :)
rockettheme
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by kat06.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
I'm also pleased to see this matter resolved and I apologise for jumping to the conclusion that the fault lay with RocketTheme. In reflecting on this case, I have to admit that, after seeing countless numbers of user reports involving RocketTheme templates, my impartiality was affected. Thank goodness xillibit kept his! :)

Although the matter was satisfactorily resolved and the user's RocketTheme template was not responsible in any way for his problem (and at the risk of going a little off-topic), I should like to add some more details to my apology.

Yes, of course, I should have suggested that, as a first option, people should examine either Conflicting plugins or, as xillibit suggested, How to diagnose blank page on Kunena . These are the appropriate initial responses that we, as moderators here, should give. We receive as much criticism as we receive thanks when we provide these "packaged solution responses" - sometimes we just can't win - and if circumstantial evidence points to an "obvious answer" we are just as inclined to act on our suspicions.

What I am trying to say is that if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck and swims like a duck then it's probably reasonable to conclude that it's a duck. The fact remains that we have had far too many issues involving RocketTheme where its features were shown to be the cause of Kunena problems.

I have never written that RocketTheme templates are a bad choice - nor have I written that about any other product developed for Joomla. What I have written, consistently, is that RocketTheme extensions have been a major headache for Kunena. Most users seem to be "comfortable" with that.

In all cases, users can exercise their freedom to choose:
  • If Kunena features are more important to users than RocketTheme then they can choose to dispose of RocketTheme if this addresses their main objectives.
  • If RocketTheme features are more important than Kunena then users can install an alternative forum component on their websites if this works around their problem
  • If, however, users want their problems fixed, all contributing factors needs to be addressed, not just one or the other.
As far as Kunena is concerned, there is still work to be done to overcome the trouble-laden legacy of Fireboard. This work is ongoing. A lot has been done for K 1.6. I hope that, in the future, we will see less issues involving RocketTheme templates.

Thank you, everyone, for your involvement in addressing this matter in the appropriate manner. :)
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds