Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question subscript and superscript BBcode dont work in kunena forums

More
13 years 10 months ago #11 by sozzled
selena wrote:

I will have to ... remove all modules and activate them one-by-one(there are a lot of them).

Always, always apply the KISS principle: Keep It Simple, Stupid. Every time you add a new extension to your website you increase the potential for things to go wrong. Anyway, it's your website and they're your decisions and what would I know ... ? :blush:

First of all, remove or deactivate all modules and prove that Kunena works as it was intended to and then reactive them, one by one, until you find the one that stops things working. Please let us know which extension was responsible. Good luck. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #12 by selena
Sure, I would try this preferably in the night hours to avoid our users any inconvenience.
As soon as I find the root cause, I will post it back here. :)
Thanx

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #13 by kat06
hi cerberus,

just noticed your reply below and did some testing on my local install.
using the rockettheme somaxiom template (june2010)
- joomla 1.5.18
- kunena 1.5.11
- rokcandy
- rokpad
- rokquickcart
- rokstories
- roktabs
- roknewspager
- rokajaxsearch
- roknavmenu
are all installed and enabled on this install

the sub and super scripts are displaying fine for me as can be seen in the attached screenshot.

if you have any other rockettheme extension or template in mind that would cause issues with bbcode, please let me know and we will look into this.

cheers,

kat :)
rockettheme

Cerberus wrote:

NOTE: If you are using anything by rocket themes please disable that as they are main cause of issues with BBcode.

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by kat06.

More
13 years 9 months ago #14 by Matias
It's good to have RocketTheme moderator in our forums -- welcome Kat! For some reason people have started to blame RocketTheme templates from every issue, because of we have had some incompatibilities with RT javascript in the past. A few issues have already been fixed -- FROM KUNENA -- and we are willing to fix more if someone just has time to point those to our team.

In Kunena 1.6 we have moved from JQuery to Mootools 1.2, which will be shipped as plugin in Joomla 1.5.19. It seems that some(?) Rocket themes using MT1.1 are not working well with the new plugin:

File Attachment:

File Name: plgSystemM...rade.zip
File Size:90 KB

This file is included to K1.6 Alpha2 when it gets out. It's few days old package from Joomla Team.

Can you please start testing this plugin together with you templates? That would make your templates ready for J1.5.19 and Kunena 1.6 ;)
Attachments:

More
13 years 9 months ago #15 by kat06
hi matias,

thank you very much for your reply. :)

i have only recently heard about issues with rockettheme templates and extensions being discussed here in the kunena forum after some kunena users pointed it out in our own forums. i wish it had come to our attention earlier so we could have addressed those issues before.

our joomla 1.5 templates and extensions are based on mootools 1.1 which is also used by the joomla core itself. this is mainly done to provide for maximum compatibility.

following the discussions in your forum, we have done some testing with your kunena 1.5.11 and so far have not come across any issues or incompatibilities. we continue to do further testing. if you do know of any issues, we would appreciate if you could point those out. we are happy to take a look into those issues and work on solutions for those members who use kunena together with rockettheme products.

moving kunena from jquery to mootools 1.2 in kunena 1.6 is a big step forward as jquery is known to cause issues with mootools 1.11.

rockettheme is getting all extensions, templates and the gantry framework ready for mootools 1.2.4, the benefits of doing so are uncountable and we are looking forward to this new development.

one of rockettheme's lead developers is also a core developer of mootools itself and has been contributing to the development of the new mootools upgrade plugin. considering this fact and the results of our internal testing processes which have been going on over several weeks already we are confident that we wont have any compatibility issues with our mootools 1.2 extensions and templates once they are officially released. we are also planning to include kunena 1.6 in our test installs and address any possible problems.

rockettheme

More
13 years 4 months ago #16 by FreeThinker

kat06 wrote: rockettheme is getting all extensions, templates and the gantry framework ready for mootools 1.2.4, the benefits of doing so are uncountable and we are looking forward to this new development.

one of rockettheme's lead developers is also a core developer of mootools itself and has been contributing to the development of the new mootools upgrade plugin. considering this fact and the results of our internal testing processes which have been going on over several weeks already we are confident that we wont have any compatibility issues with our mootools 1.2 extensions and templates once they are officially released. we are also planning to include kunena 1.6 in our test installs and address any possible problems.

rockettheme

Very nice indeed kat

Was ready to give up on kunena and opt for rocketTheme Templates instead...
...but these are excellent news ;)

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds