Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] URL rewriting still not working after following all guides

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by Dannymh
Hi,

I have tried this now on 3 servers

My current server
My local test server
My old lifetime hosting server

2 CentOs
1 Windows (WAMPSERVER)

Whenever I enable SEO it works for all other plugins but Kunena. I have a menu in place and no other SEO plugins installed. I am using the Bog standard Joomla SEF/SEO.

2 of these are fresh installs where I have just dumped Kunena straight on top of a fresh install and started testing.

All my URLS end up with "component" and "kunena" still in the URL and nothing I do changes this.

Any ideas?

Dan
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by Dannymh
The system wont let me post my debug information again (not a good advert for kunena by the way)

but here is my debug info

www.silvertails.net/support2.txt

I tested Kunena 1.6 and this did rewrite the URL's correctly

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by Cerberus
did you enable seo/sef in kunena config settings?

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Have you followed carefully the information in Installation Instructions , in particular, did you create a menu item for Kunena? Did you read K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first for other information that might help you? :dry:

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by Dannymh
Yes and Yes

I cross checked everything multiple times

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #6 by fxstein
Dannymh wrote:

The system wont let me post my debug information again (not a good advert for kunena by the way)

but here is my debug info

www.silvertails.net/support2.txt

I tested Kunena 1.6 and this did rewrite the URL's correctly

FYI this has nothing to do with Kunena but with mod_security for apache by our hosting provider. Need to look into what rule gets triggered here, that makes mod_security reject the debug info.

Cannot open the txt file right now. Am on the road and Safari rejects opening it. Must be the reason mod_security catches it.

What versions of Joomla and Kunena are you running?

Short of me seeing the details, could you post some screenshots of the settings you are using?

Need to see the Joomla SEO settings, the menu setup, might also be a template related issue, if you have assigned the menu to a particular template.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by fxstein.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by Dannymh
I got it working on another server I have.

I jsut ran up a virtual machine of CentOS and installed teh same environment as I have on my live site.

Not sure what is happenign but worked with exact same settings.

Lets just put this down to a "Who knows" I am moving to a new VPS shortly and will configure it all again then. So I will get by.

Cheers
Dan

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds