Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.5.11 - avatar image uploads, missing avatar gallery

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by loufunk
Hi
i have in my website ( www.horsesprint.com ) the kunena and i like it so much but i have this problem: users cannot change themeselves their persona image.
They have the radio button "upload from" and they can upload from their pc, but when they clic, the images does not change or appear in the gallery.

What's the problem?
Can i invite you to join to my site to see the problem?
I have a demo user for this:

user: utente1
pass: demo

thanks a lot for the help!!!!

PS: Category images position is under /avatars, and users can see images only from this directory: components/com_kunena/avatars/gallery (i think it's the default one)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #2 by Cerberus
This is a known issue in K1.5x that you can not upload an avatar this issue has been fix in K1.6
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by loufunk
but i have installed k1.511
version 1.6 is already available?

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #4 by @quila
Hi loufunk,

just tried to upload avatar on your site and works well. Avatar uploaded by user don't appear in the gallery.

If you want to offer users to use avatars from gallery you must activate this option in Kunena Configuration.

K1.6 is not public yet.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by @quila.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
I confirmed what @quila stated: I uploaded an avatar image without any problem to the user's website. As @quila also states, user-uploaded images are not then available in avatar gallery for other people to use.

However, there is something very peculiar about this user's website: there is no avatar gallery!

I want to assure other users of K 1.5.11 that there is no known issue relating to uploaded avatar images to your websites. K 1.5.11 works perfectly well in this regard. Where users do have problems is because of unique issues involving their webservers, folder permissions, outdated or defect-ridden PHP libraries. There's nothing inherently wrong with K 1.5.11 as far as avatar galleries or image uploads are concerned ... as long as you are using the default_ex template.

loufunk's site uses a custom template (it's similar to, but not quite the same as the default_ex template). I suspect it's the custom template that's caused the problem with the missing avatar gallery.

Please read K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first. What Kunena template are you using? What modifications have you made to the K 1.5.11 source code.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds