Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.5.11: Search Results = 0 causes divide by zero error in search

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #1 by clockworkdeth
Hi, new user here.

I've already searched the forums for a solution and couldn't find one.

I'm running Kunena 1.5.11 & Joomla Version 1.5.15

I receive these errors when performing any search
Code:
Warning: Division by zero in sharpinternational.net/sharp/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.search.class.php on line 382 Warning: Division by zero in sharpinternational.net/sharp/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.search.class.php on line 382

As you may have noticed, it's just the same error twice.

The only changes I've made were to remove the tabs at the top and the advanced search options in both the profile box and the search page. These error messages appeared on a clean installation so I'm positive that those changes did not start this problem. I would tell you to check it out for yourselves but the forum is located in a restricted area of the site right now.

oh yeah before i forget line 182 is:
Code:
$pagination = KunenaSearchPagination($this->func, $q, $this->getUrlParams(), floor($limitstart/$limit)+1, $limit, floor($totalRows/$limit)+1, 7);

Any help would be great. I'm trying to get this forum running smoothly ASAP. Thanks in advance :)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Division by Zero
It looks like you stuffed something up. Best idea is to replace the file(s) that you were editing with the original version(s) in the installation kit and start again. Because we have no access to your website I can't see any other way of helping you better. Sometimes it's better to leave some things alone.

Seems like the value of $limit is set to zero. Perhaps the code was meant to read,
Code:
$pagination = KunenaSearchPagination($this->func, $q, $this->getUrlParams(), floor($limitstart/$limit+1), $limit, floor($totalRows/$limit+1), 7);
Just guessing. :S

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by clockworkdeth
Replied by clockworkdeth on topic Re: Division by Zero
hmm I tried replacing the code with yours but that doesn't seem to be the solution.

This error occurred on a clean install of kunena before I changed anything. I also replaced the files with the backup of the originals and that didn't work.

Thanks for the guess though. I'll see if I can make it temporarily available to those on these forums. I just don't want my regular users accessing it right now.

More
13 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Hold on a moment. You said the error was at line 382, but you posted the contents of line 182. Is that right?

More
13 years 11 months ago #5 by clockworkdeth
hmmmmm you know... I think you are correct. I'm not at my work computer with the files right now so I can't confirm that but I think so... it sounds like something I would do.

Any info you may be able to provide before I get into work tomorrow would be great man thank you.

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by clockworkdeth
I think i'm just going to disable searching right now. I know in the long run that will only hurt my forums performance but I think I'm going to switch to another forum software soon enough anyway. Kunena is just not what i want anymore. My experience with VB software has been much more intuitive.

Anyway...

I think it's funny that Kunena is a "misspelling" on your site.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Division by Zero
Hello,

What do you searching to have this kind of errors ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
I can't even find a forum at sharpinternational.net/sharp ! :blink:

And just what is wrong with the spelling of "Kunena"?

More
13 years 11 months ago #9 by clockworkdeth
sozzled wrote:

I can't even find a forum at sharpinternational.net/sharp ! :blink:

And just what is wrong with the spelling of "Kunena"?

Lol that's because it was only accessible by admins. If you would like to see it go to the URL sharpinternational.net/sharp/bulletins

Login: test
Pass: test

Kunena receives a red underline when typed, even on your site. That's what I meant by it being "misspelled"

xillibit wrote:

Hello,

What do you searching to have this kind of errors ?

These errors have popped up regardless of what the query was. The search completes and there are results it's just that these errors are there as well.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #10 by sozzled
Thanks for providing the link. I assume that the changes you made to your Kunena installation were only confined to the Kunena CSS?

Because you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, would you like to re-install Kunena 1.5.11 again, please? I'm beginning to suspect that there was a problem with the installation. Did you, by any chance, use a .TAR or .TAR.GZ installation kit?

Please check, without modifying a fresh installation of Kunena, that the search feature works. Thanks.

*** off-topic ***
Kunena is not an English word - it's Swahili. Lots of English appear "misspelt" to me, too, like neighbor, color, traveler, sidewalk, déjà vu and the list goes on and on. :laugh:
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds