Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Resolved] K 1.5.11: notification mails not working for me

More
13 years 11 months ago #11 by Gamer Templates
LOL - After turn on debug the E-Mail works. I don´t now why but it works ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #12 by sozzled
April 1st was a few days ago, wasn't it? :side:

More
13 years 11 months ago #13 by wbehiry
sozzled wrote:

April 1st was a few days ago, wasn't it? :side:

What do you mean??

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #14 by rich

debug mode and things work?

German user templatesROYAL had same problem.
He made likewise:
  • debug modus on
  • then written a message
  • the e-mail arrives
  • debug modus off
And now works all correct. :)
www.kunena.com/forum/36-german/44297-gel...it=10&start=10#44530
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by rich.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #15 by mibnbikes
I have been wrestling with this email thing forever now :angry:

Just upgraded from 1.5.9 to 1.5.11 and also tried the debug system on/off trick with no luck, emails are still not being sent out. I have being searching the joomla.org forums and people on the same host (Surftown)as me has problems with mail function on Kunena. I am thinking about changing host pretty soon.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by mibnbikes.

More
13 years 11 months ago #16 by sozzled
I agree with you: change hosts and put your worries behind you.

More
13 years 11 months ago #17 by jplamp
I'm having the same problem with Kunena 1.5.9 . I've checked and double-checked the settings and the e-mail address for the superadministrator, and I know they are right. :( I tried turning global debug on, posting a message from a test user account, then turning debug off. No luck.

What I don't understand is that I don't think it is my host (SiteGround - don't shoot me :P ) because I have another site with the same host, same setup as this site, and I am receiving e-mails just fine on that site. As a matter of fact, I'm receiving DOUBLE e-mails for every post on that site, but that's another issue that is more of an annoyance than a real problem. I've compared the two sites very carefully, and the configuration is the same.

Should I upgrade to 1.5.11 and see what happens?

Kunena 4.0.11, Joomla 3.5.1, CB 2.0.14, DOCman 2.1.5, uddeIM 3.8

More
13 years 11 months ago #18 by sozzled
jplamp: K 1.5.9 is not supported. You have two choices: stay with K 1.5.9 and figure out your own solution to you problems or upgrade to K 1.5.11 and report any problems that you can't solve here.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #19 by jplamp
Since 1.5.11 has only been out for 3 days, and 1.5.10 was withdrawn, I was a little reluctant to jump right into it. But I did go ahead and upgrade to 1.5.11. Still getting no administrator e-mails for new posts. I have checked the settings multiple times and they are correct.

EDIT: Okay, now I feel really stupid. It WAS something I did wrong, in my own mail client software. I'm getting the admin e-mails now; all is well. Sorry to have bothered you all.

Kunena 4.0.11, Joomla 3.5.1, CB 2.0.14, DOCman 2.1.5, uddeIM 3.8
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by jplamp.

More
13 years 11 months ago #20 by sozzled
I understand people's hesitation to use K 1.5.11 after the embarrassment of K 1.5.10. However, even though K 1.5.11 has been available to the public for the past 5 days, this version was subjected to exhaustive testing - we were exhausted from testing it :laugh: - for over a week before that. K 1.5.11 was implemented on this site and has been working here (especially in the e-mail department) for nearly two weeks.

I think that, after everything that has been written here, we can reasonably conclude that K 1.5.11 is inherently stable as far as email is concerned, despite the anecdotal evidence about "debug" mode suggesting otherwise. B)

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds