Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question No count of views for single visitors

More
13 years 11 months ago #11 by sozzled
I don't have the problems you have described. If I look at a discussion topic on any of my sites, whether or not I am logged-in as a user, the count increases. I visited your website, looked at a topic and I noted that there was no increase in the view count. In other words, I cannot reproduce your problem on your website ... but I do understand your problem. B)

However, what I would like to know (and you will save me a lot of time) is for you to show me other discussions on this website where people may have suggested ideas or conditions that could possible generate this phenomenon. I agree with you that this behavious in Kunena indicates a "defective" function but we haven't yet determined the precise cause.

What is special about your website - what makes it different to my own sites - that brings about these conditions? Is it something to do with SEF URLs or the Joomla template? Is it another plugin that you've enabled ... or that you haven't enabled? What version of Joomla are you running? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that your site URLs have ".html" (and mine do not).

You are using a Sitegroound template. Did you know we have had many reports about Siteground templates not working with Kunena?

Yes, we would very much like to get to the bottom of this problem. :)

So, this is what I suggest ... one by one:
  1. change the template (use instead rhuk_milkyway) to see if this has an effect
  2. disable all non-essential plugins or other modules on your site
There has to be a logical reason for this to be happening. If we find the answer in your case, it may help someone else who has had the same problem but has not pursued the investigation any further.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #12 by voilier6
xillibit wrote:

On your site, you have still Kunena 1.5.6, i'am remember that in this version or maybe K1.5.7, there was this kind of issue.

That's ok: on my real site, I use Kunena 1.5.6.
But, on my local site, I use Kunena 1.5.10 fo all my tests, and I see the same problem, exactly the same effect: it's ok after the view of a registered member, it's nok after the wiew of a single visitor!
I work with Joomla! 1.5.15, on all my sites.

More
13 years 11 months ago #13 by voilier6
sozzled wrote:

I visited your website, looked at a topic and I noted that there was no increase in the view count. In other words, I cannot reproduce your problem on your website.

SIncerely, thanks for your contribution.
Ok, I begin to understand my problem is caused by my environment (sef, plugin, ...) and not by Kunena.
I'll realize all the tests you said.
I use Joomla! 1.5.15 and Sef Url's, Rewriting of Joomla! with all my sites.

More
13 years 11 months ago #14 by sozzled
voilier6: You informed us that we could see a demonstration of your problem at www.mabanqueetmoi.fr . We can see the problem at that website. That site uses K 1.5.6. You have been advised that you should upgrade to correct the problem you have reported. You have not upgraded. That is your choice. We cannot provide any support for this issue and, accordingly, this discussion topic (although unresolved from your point of view) must be closed. If, after upgrading your website, you continue to experience a similar problem, then please open a new topic. :)

As we discussed earlier, you state that other people have been in your situation before. I accept your statement but I don't really have the time to investigate it and search for those topics. As often happens in forums like this one, people ask for help, we provide them with suggestions, but often we do not receive user feedback that our suggestions have solved (or not solved) the problem.

With a software project like Kunena, for which new versions are created every few weeks, we cannot continue to monitor the progress of unresolved issues (such as this one) even though we sincerely would like to know what cause them.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds