Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Kunena 1.5.10 Withdrawn, unofficial Kunena 1.5.10-2 HOTFIX

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #21 by Trouble
Matias wrote:

To get some debug messages during posting put this file into components/com_kunena/template/default directory

If I post as a global moderator and Super Administrator I do not see any debug output, though the normal user "atestuser" is subscribed to the thread and should receive a notification - could this indicate that something is not being processed at all (including the debug code)?

If I post as a normal user I see the debug output, which tells me it's sending a mail notification to me as a moderator:

Configuration (1, 1, 0, hold=0)
Author: atestuser
Subscribers: trouble, atestuser
* User trouble (1, , 1)... Sending email to [email protected]

I've posted from a second normal user with the user level registered, and again not seeing the debug output!
I've just posted from the first test user "atestuser" and again not seeing the debug information, whereas I did before (above).
It all seems very strange.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Trouble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #22 by Trouble
Just wondering how this is progressing?

I've noticed that when there are no moderators, and Kunena is configured not to e-mail Administrators, I do not see any debug output - when it should surely produce debug output for the subscribed users!

When I have Kunena configured to e-mail Administrators, a test post gives the following debug output:
Code:
Configuration (1, 1, 1, hold=0) Author: atestuser2 Subscribers: atestuser, atestuser2 * User trouble (0, , 1)... Sending email to [email protected] * User stephen (0, , 1)... Sending email to [email protected] * User david (0, 0, 1)... Sending email to [email protected] Your message has been successfully posted
trouble, stephen, and david are all Administrators. The two subscribers, atestuser and atestuser2 are noted as subscribers, but no e-mail is sent to atestuser! Could this explain why there is absolutely no debug output when I configure Kunena not to e-mail Administrators?

When I post to the thread, again the two regular users "atestuser" and "atestuser" are found correctly as subscribers, but not e-mailed! The two other Administrators are mailed because I have Kunena configured to e-mail Administrators:
Code:
Configuration (1, 1, 1, hold=0) Author: trouble Subscribers: atestuser, atestuser2 * User stephen (0, , 1)... Sending email to [email protected] * User david (0, 0, 1)... Sending email to [email protected] Your message has been successfully posted
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by Trouble. Reason: Added results from another test

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #23 by lec
okay, i tested it again and sadly its still not working correct. i do have the same error messages like trouble.

1. my admins/mods do not get informed by mail (just one mail is sent to the admin mail (backend))
2. even if i recieved yesterday ONE mail (as a registered user "test", when somebody else posted) my test user didnt get anything today, when i posted as an admin or mod or reg. user.
3. Question: if i downgrade to kunena 1.59 (i never used 1.59 so i dont know), are those errors fixed??
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by lec.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #24 by xillibit
Yes, if you downgrade to Kunena 1.5.9 the mail function will work without issues.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #25 by lec
hmmm, downgraded to 1.59 without any change...so i guess i messed up my mail code somewhere but dont know where to start/fix it

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #26 by Matias
All my tests with subscriptions work.

Can someone run this query and on a thread with subscribers (XXXXX = your thread ID):
Code:
SELECT u.id, u.name, u.username, u.email, IF( s.thread IS NOT NULL, 1, 0 ) AS subscription, IF( c.moderated=1 AND p.moderator=1 AND ( m.catid IS NULL OR m.catid=2), 1, 0 ) AS moderator, IF( u.gid IN (24, 25), 1, 0 ) AS admin FROM jos_users AS u LEFT JOIN jos_fb_users AS p ON u.id=p.userid LEFT JOIN jos_fb_moderation AS m ON u.id=m.userid LEFT JOIN jos_fb_categories AS c ON m.catid=c.id LEFT JOIN jos_fb_subscriptions AS s ON u.id=s.userid AND s.thread=XXXXX WHERE u.block=0 AND ( ( s.thread IS NOT NULL ) ) GROUP BY u.id

Does it work? I'm getting the right answers from it.
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by Matias.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #27 by xillibit
I have done a test, on a thread which have posts from admin(62), moderator(63) and a simple user(64 and 65), the result is :

The userid 63 is a modertor with your query, isn't set to 1

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #28 by Matias
Admins aren't counted as moderators in send email feature.. otherwise there would be no point of having it as a setting. :)

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #29 by Trouble
Matias wrote:

Can someone run this query and on a thread with subscribers (XXXXX = your thread ID):

Does it work? I'm getting the right answers from it.

That query picks up the only two subscribers of the thread successfully (it's the same thread I've been earlier using to test), but doesn't list any of the three Administrators (trouble,stephen,david):
Code:
id name username email subscription moderator admin 74 Atest User atestuser [email protected] 1 0 0 149 Anothertest User atestuser2 [email protected] 1 0 0

But then in the last test I posted above, the debug output from Kunena noted these two users are subscribers, but only mailed the three Administrators!
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by Trouble. Reason: Actually, the SQL query does not list any of the three Administrators!

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #30 by Trouble
I did another test post from my Administrator account and added the debug output to my previous test (from a normal user) above: www.kunena.com/forum/138-support/43402-k...it=10&start=20#43556

And I don't know if this forum has the hotfix applied (or if you've downgraded to 1.5.9), but I'm still not receiving mail notifications from this thread despite being subscribed! I think I've worn out my F5 button ;)
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by Trouble.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds