Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important [Topic closed by moderator - outdated version] Mail notification broken in 1.5.10!

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #21 by sozzled
Thanks, CheechDogg. That is a puzzlement. I ticked the "subscribe" checkbox when I posted my last message and I also clicked the "subcscribe" option. I've unsubscribed now, but (with this message) I have again check the checkbox when I post. I'll see what happens next. Weird!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #22 by CheechDogg
sozzled wrote:

Thanks, CheechDogg. That is a puzzlement. I ticked the "subscribe" checkbox when I posted my last message and I also clicked the "subcscribe" option. I've unsubscribed now, but (with this message) I have again check the checkbox when I post. I'll see what happens next. Weird!

Shaggy? huh!, :blink: , I have been posting and replying to different topics on my site and I am not getting the error anymore. Keep in mind that I "have" disabled all the options to subscribe to topics and to have the box checked by default on off before you post or start a new thread.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #23 by sozzled
Even though, as you can see from the screenshot taken of the last message posted to this thread, I have subscribed to this topic (by checking the checkbox when I posted my last message - and I don't have the option to do this now), I did not receive an email notifying me of CheechDogg's msg.

To Trouble and others: what is the value of your Kunena setting Frontend » User Related » Post-subscription checked by default?
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #24 by rich
I have the same tested on my forum. When i make a downgrade to Kunena 1.5.9, then works it again.
Upgrade on 1.5.10, and mail functioned no longer.
This only at mails from kunena. Mails from joomla, uddeim etcetera beyond works.
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by rich.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #25 by CheechDogg
So you are getting the same results as I am sozzled?

As you can see from this screenshot, I have both subscribe and the favorite option disabled from the front end.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by CheechDogg.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #26 by Philip Roy
Just to add a voice to this...I tried on a test site last night and notifications failed. When I saw this thread I logged in and subscribed to this thread....but I have been receiving no notices to say there has been a post.

Phil

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #27 by sozzled
We are currently assessing the situation at the moment with the possibility that it may be necessary to recall our previous advice to upgrade to K 1.5.10.

Please watch this space.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #28 by CheechDogg
Thanks for the update sozzled. I am not having the problem anymore since I disabled everything from the backend, it only seems to affect the mail feature for subscribed posts.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #29 by Matias
We are currently investigating the issue -- it should be fairly simple bug that crept into there by accident after testing it.

In the meanwhile you all should either downgrade to K1.5.9 or help us to pinpoint the bug. I will be monitoring this topic and listening in the Skype until this one is fixed.

Please contact me if you want to be testing this issues and the future releases. We do need more testers who are willing to commit some of their time to test new versions and help us to pinpoint issues like this before release gets out.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #30 by Matias
OK. As I suspected this was easy bug to fix. Email notifications are now working in Kunena.com -- better than they used to be in K1.5.9.

I will post update in 30 minutes, please stand by!

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds