Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important [Topic closed by moderator - outdated version] Mail notification broken in 1.5.10!

More
14 years 1 month ago #11 by sozzled
Cerberus wrote:

looks like this is another joomla and not kunena issue ...

That was my initial reaction, too, except that a couple of contributions to this discussion have been from long-term users of previous versions of Kunena. It seems that the issue may only be affecting K 1.5.10 installations. We spent a huge amount of time attempting to diagnose problems with K 1.5.8 and K 1.5.9 and it appears that the problems were probably caused by the webhosting provided that the user(s) were using. See Mail not working 1.5.7 ... yes, the issue was raised way back then. The tail-end of that discussion seems to have a strategically-viable option but we're still waiting for a response from the last user involved in that discussion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #12 by sozzled
Oscarfishlover: on an unrelated topic, please check your PM

More
14 years 1 month ago #13 by Trouble
sozzled wrote:

Cerberus wrote:

looks like this is another joomla and not kunena issue ...

That was my initial reaction, too, except that a couple of contributions to this discussion have been from long-term users of previous versions of Kunena. It seems that the issue may only be affecting K 1.5.10 installations. We spent a huge amount of time attempting to diagnose problems with K 1.5.8 and K 1.5.9 and it appears that the problems were probably caused by the webhosting provided that the user(s) were using. See Mail not working 1.5.7 ... yes, the issue was raised way back then. The tail-end of that discussion seems to have a strategically-viable option but we're still waiting for a response from the last user involved in that discussion.

Mail continues to work fine from Joomla and other extensions, and always has. Mail was working fine from Kunena 1.5.9 a few minutes before I upgraded to 1.5.10 when it suddenly broke!

I am a moderator and Super Administrator and no longer receive e-mails from Kunena. I removed myself as a moderator and I still do not receive e-mails from Kunena. A normal "Author" level user subscribed to a thread no longer receives e-mails either.

More
14 years 1 month ago #14 by sozzled
Have you looked at the suggestion/recommendations/tips given in the discussion topic that I referred to, in particular, msg #42150 (and following) in that thread?

In effect, the suggestion that was offered is to ensure that the Board address used is the same as the domain address used in the Joomla installation. I accept that this may not be the explanation and that the this topic may be unrelated to the other one I've mentioned, but would you please confirm your Kunena settings as described in the other discussion topic. The more that we know, the quicker that we know, about user's configurations, the quicker we may be to solving the matter.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15 by Trouble
sozzled wrote:

Have you looked at the suggestion/recommendations/tips given in the discussion topic that I referred to, in particular, msg #42150 (and following) in that thread?

In effect, the suggestion that was offered is to ensure that the Board address used is the same as the domain address used in the Joomla installation. I accept that this may not be the explanation and that the this topic may be unrelated to the other one I've mentioned, but would you please confirm your Kunena settings as described in the other discussion topic. The more that we know, the quicker that we know, about user's configurations, the quicker we may be to solving the matter.

Thanks for the direct link to the post in that thread!

I have copied and pasted the e-mail address defined in Joomla's global configuration to Kunena's Board E-mail Address setting, and done some testing, but still no e-mails! :-(

I'll check the thread you have quoted in more depth and reply with my configuration as you suggest.

If I'm subscribed to this thread, shouldn't I be receiving notifications when this thread is updated? I'm not and having to refresh my browser to check.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16 by sozzled
Trouble wrote:

If I'm subscribed to this thread, shouldn't I be receiving notifications when this thread is updated? I'm not and having to refresh my browser to check.

As I mentioned earlier, Matias wrote to me two days ago that subscriptions were not working at Kunena.com for 24 hours. I was unaware that there might still be a problem (I rarely use the subscription feature myself: I "live" here :laugh:) :S

I've subscribed to this topic to verify if emails are not working for me.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #17 by Trouble

I've subscribed to this topic to verify if emails are not working for me.

Quick reply to test your subscription :silly:

I'm not sure what version of Kunena we're using here.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Trouble.

More
14 years 1 month ago #18 by sozzled
Would you like the good news first, or the bad news?
Warning: Spoiler!

The truth is that the only news I have is not good. Thanks for replying. I did not receive an e-mail. This confirms that K 1.5.10 (which is installed here at K.com) has a problem in sending advisory e-mails about new posts made to subscribed topics. It's possible that other e-mail functions performed by Kunena may also be affected.

This rather throws a "spanner in the works" (a spanner = a wrench for US Americans) and, it's difficult under these circumstances to recommend to users to adopt K 1.5.10 because of this fundamental problem. :blush: I am waiting on advice from the development team however, the time lag means that it could be several hours before someone can look at the matter and provide a more definitive statement.

Warning: Spoiler!

More
14 years 1 month ago #19 by CheechDogg
Wow, what a bummer this is. I can receive all e-mails and messages, but nothing from Kunena, especially on subscribed topics. I used to get an e-mail when someone posted a new topic and now I don't.

I am looking around all files to see if anything is out of the ordinary but nothing sticks out as unusual.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
14 years 1 month ago #20 by CheechDogg
Ok so the following I have confirmed on my site.

1. After disabling the (Post-subscription checked by default?) and (Allow Subscriptions) in the back end, new threads or topics do not produce the error.

2. If you subscribe to the topic when both the above options are enabled, you do get the error on new topics.

So it seems as though this error "is" related to the (Post-subscription check by default?) and (Allow Subscriptions) options being enabled in the back end.

Hope this helps the Dev Team out.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds