Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question What is the purpose of the "Boardcode" link?

• C0n
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by C0n
Yh the only reason i was asking for the uploaded ones is so i could overwrite the previous files because it would of been allot easyer than copying and pasting it all out. Aswell as then having to add in boardcode tags and html snippets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #12 by sozzled
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "boardcode tags" :unsure: The Kunena rules and help pages are Joomla articles; there are no boardcode tags used in Joomla articles, only HTML. There are no special PHP files involved in what I have created on my demo site. I don't understand your problem nor how it is related to this discussion topic.

I also do not understand what you want me to upload ... and to where? Are you asking me to upload something (and I don't know what that is) to your website? :huh:

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #13 by C0n
Oh no i was asking if you could upload the following files from your demo site

components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.credits.php
components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.faq.php
components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.rules.php
administrator/componentns/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php

To a reply in this topic in a attatchment so that i could download them and upload them to my site to save me having to write out all of those pages since these pages are blank in the defualt kunena instalation.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by C0n.

More
13 years 6 months ago #14 by sozzled
My demo site is still using K 1.5.9 - it's on my long "to do" list to update it. However, having written that, there is nothing on my site (that I'm aware of) that is special (apart from the "speech bubble" effect for the template) and it certainly doesn't have any modifications to the files that you referred to in your request.

If you have a problem I would suggest that you re-install K 1.5.12 and see whether it makes any difference.

As this discussion was started over 9 months ago I'm not sure how relevant it is to your current circumstances. I don't have any explanation why you are getting "blank page" results in those areas you mention and, for that reason, I am unsure how this discussion topic will help you.

In view of the fact that we have received many requests from you about how to change (customise) Kunena to your website, it's almost impossible to say with any certainty what is causing the problems that you now seem to be having. In all probability, what you are now experiencing could have been caused by something else you have done. This is one of the main reasons why I no longer make any changes to the basic Kunena product - to do so invites problems and makes it quite difficult to upgrade because you have "painted yourself into a corner" (to borrow an old expression). As I wrote above our advice, in such circumstances as yours, is to revert to the standard, unmodified source to see if they resolve anomalous issues that are otherwise unable to be solved by other means. ;)

• C0n
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #15 by C0n
There isnt a problem....

I was only asking for the faq and credits pages because the ones that come with the defualt kunena that i downloaded here are empty.

joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/12...b1897_2010-06-19.zip

If you look there empty they dont contain the text or code the ones on your demo site do...

I was only asking if you would mind sharing them...

Im not realy sure if im repeating myself or not but other than that im not realy sure if ive explained myself properly or not.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #16 by sozzled
That's right. The standard installation of K 1.5 (any version of Kunena, for that matter) does not have a FAQ or a rules page; that's something for you do devise. The instructions in the Wiki explain what you need to do: you need to create a Joomla article for each of the FAQ and the rules pages.

The Wiki site also has a "basic" help page (a "template" if you like) that you can use as the basis of a FAQ/help page. See A basic forum help page for beginners . We've been over this subject before (see Help text for new users )

One question puzzles me: what has the credits PHP file got to do with this issue? It might help to see a practical demonstration of the problems that you have if you provided us with the URL of your website, otherwise I'm a little in the dark on this. Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds