Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Avatar upload doesn't work

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #11 by sozzled
I think you've already pointed to the cause of the problem in your earlier observation:

Am I missing a permission setting in another directory that is important?

I can't be sure of anything in this regard. The only suggestion I have to offer is to check and double-check each and every directory, sub-directory and file in you Joomla website. Perhaps you thought you'd changed them all, but maybe the changes weren't propagated recursively throughout the whole sub-directory structure?
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #12 by jimmykirk
I know what's happening.

Your version of PHP, if it's less than 5.2.1, does not support the function "sys_get_temp_dir".

What you can do as a fix if you don't want to compile 5.2.1 or higher and re-install, is you can put the following in about line 27 on the file

/components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/myprofile/myprofile_avatar_upload.php

right after...

"require_once(KUNENA_PATH_LIB .DS. 'kunena.file.class.php');"

if ( !function_exists('sys_get_temp_dir')) {
function sys_get_temp_dir() {
if (!empty($_ENV)) { return realpath($_ENV); }
if (!empty($_ENV)) { return realpath( $_ENV); }
if (!empty($_ENV)) { return realpath( $_ENV); }
$tempfile=tempnam(uniqid(rand(),TRUE),'');
if (file_exists($tempfile)) {
unlink($tempfile);
return realpath(dirname($tempfile));
}
}
}

That will fix the problem in the mean time.

Cheers m8,

Jimmy

More
14 years 9 months ago #13 by Matias
Or just upgrade to K1.5.4 :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #14 by merola
I have the same problem, none of the tips in this thread has helped :/

* JFile::copy: Cannot find or read file: '/tmp/kn_foUYtS'
* JFile::copy: Cannot find or read file: '/tmp/kn_q4QDro'
* JFile::copy: Cannot find or read file: '/tmp/kn_zvyouU'

More
14 years 9 months ago #15 by xillibit
Try checking your permissions:
Help -> System Info -> Directory Permissions tab

Check that they are all writeable.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 9 months ago #16 by Matias
Now I get the idea on what's wrong.

@ merola:

Can you send information from your system: Operating system, Joomla FTP user, Apache user.
What are the permissions of those files? Owner, group, mode (0600?) ?

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #17 by lakehousetech
Matias wrote:

Or just upgrade to K1.5.4 :)

I just got back and upgraded to 1.5.4 (released while I was away on vacation) which has solved the upload problem :woohoo:. I haven't encountered any more bugs yet, but I'll continue to test it out over the next week. Thanks again to everyone!

Chri
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by lakehousetech.

More
14 years 9 months ago #18 by WrongWay
I did the same upgrade with the latest versions of Joomla and Kunena and it solved the avatar upload issue as I was getting the same page you were. The only problem Ive seen so far after this is selecting templates in the Kunena back end. When selecting a template, which works alright, the selection for the matching template graphics folder isn't in the drop down list at all. Haven't solved that one yet and Ive FTP the graphics files over to each template folder also and the accompanying php files. I am not a programmer, just a user but this is what I found so far.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #19 by @quila
Hi WrongWay,

do you talking about this drop down list?

for which template the graphics folder is not there?
Regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by @quila.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #20 by Lintzy
Please try this, this worked for me, the problem is sys_get_temp_dir () and php version 5.2.0, where this function is broken.

For Kunena 1.5.4

Edit kunena.file.class.php (/components/com_kunena/lib/)

and replace the old code with new code:

old:
Code:
function tmpdir() { static $tmpdir=false; if (!empty($tmpdir)) return $tmpdir; if (function_exists('sys_get_temp_dir')) { $tmpdir = sys_get_temp_dir(); } else { $file = tempnam(false,false); if ($file === false) return false; unlink($file); $tmpdir = realpath(dirname($file)); } return $tmpdir; }

new:
Code:
function tmpdir() { static $tmpdir = false; if (!empty($tmpdir)) return $tmpdir; //Try php >= 5.2.1 functionality if (function_exists('sys_get_temp_dir')) { $tmpdir = sys_get_temp_dir(); $file = tempnam($tmpdir, false); if ($file !== false) { unlink($file); return $tmpdir; } } //Try php setting $tmpdir = ini_get('upload_tmp_dir'); $file = tempnam($tmpdir, false); if ($file !== false) { unlink($file); return $tmpdir; } //Last resort, try system tmp dir $file = tempnam(false, false); if ($file !== false) { unlink($file); $tmpdir = realpath(dirname($file)); return $tmpdir; } return false; }

Or use the attached file for Kunena 1.5.4 kunena.file.class.php and override the existing file in components/com_kunena/lib/

File Attachment:

File Name: avartaruploadfix.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Lintzy.

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds