Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Search function in 1.5.3 doesn't work

More
14 years 9 months ago #41 by itgl72
SON OF A GUN...

It worked...

I uploaded the php_mbstring.dll I had on my local server to the ext folder on our live windows server AND THE ERROR BROKEN SEARCH SCREEN IS GONE.

I would give myself karma right now if I could. What a long day (weeks) of clicking, testing, and beating the head to the keyboard with these little battles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #42 by sozzled
I'll give you +karma, mate. Now, if I could only figure out who has so much time they can waste worrying about mine! :laugh:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #43 by xillibit
I hope your problem is now really solved, but you may considered use a linux system for a server for not have this kind of problem, not a windows server.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by xillibit.

More
14 years 9 months ago #44 by swamsander
Okay i can not confirm this but my hosting provider doesn't have the mbstring compiled within Apache.

He uses addhandler to dynamicly update php.ini so that you can manually add .so files and use them.

Unfortunately enabling addhandler in .htaccess isn't working for my site because the site doesn't load then.

So i called him and he will add the package within Apache this weekend.

Hopefully i can give you more information if this does the trick in my case. I will keep you posted.

Tnx for the information so far guys.

greetz

Sander

More
14 years 9 months ago #45 by itgl72
xillibit wrote:

I hope your problem is now really solved, but you may considered use a linux system for a server for not have this kind of problem, not a windows server.

This broken screen issue is solved.

Everything with search is not totally solved with 1.0.10 as seen in this post Search Error kunena.search.class.php on line 340 after fixed file installed . Still can use support there.

However I must say regarding windows servers, other than cost theres nothing wrong with windows servers. My dedicated server does several things that require a windows based platform and it was cost effective for us to run web services off of it as well. I have used linux and windows over the years and both have done the jobs asked of them for me. I have no problem with either as long as they do the job I need. None the less I believe KUNENA should work on both with out issue if its going to be successful as long as people can discover whats missing or how to convey their issue to others with more experience in order to rectify a problem.

More
14 years 9 months ago #46 by cendres2lune
Personally I'm under Linux and I had the same problem.

I have installed :
Code:
php5-mbstring - PHP5 Extension Module This extension provides multi-byte character safe string functions and other utility functions such as conversion functions.

And now everything is okay !

May be it is necessary to add it in prerequisite !

Have a nice evening!

The www.thebestchat.fr Team

More
14 years 9 months ago #47 by munk38
I was following the thread and didn't see that anyone had the error I was getting. My search page is also messed up when searching for a term that exists in the forum. I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method CKunenaTools::isjoomla15() in /home/jokermed/public_html/cafe/components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php on line 1257 and the code for that line is
Code:
if (CKunenaTools::isJoomla15()) { require_once(JPATH_LIBRARIES.DS.'phputf8'.DS.'utf8.php'); }

What can I do to solve this?

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #48 by xillibit
munk38 wrote:

I was following the thread and didn't see that anyone had the error I was getting. My search page is also messed up when searching for a term that exists in the forum. I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method CKunenaTools::isjoomla15() in /home/jokermed/public_html/cafe/components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php on line 1257 and the code for that line is

Code:
if (CKunenaTools::isJoomla15()) { require_once(JPATH_LIBRARIES.DS.'phputf8'.DS.'utf8.php'); }

What can I do to solve this?

This problem has seen a lot of time on the forum, the solution is in doc and on the forum after a little search you would find some answers : docs.kunena.com/index.php?title=Kunena_1...8.29_in_some_servers

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by xillibit.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds