Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Search function in 1.5.3 doesn't work

More
14 years 9 months ago #21 by sozzled
itgl72 wrote:

Can I assume that setting all SEO options to NO and setting the htaccess file to htaccess.txt eliminated SEO as a possible issue here?

No. Never assume anything. And remember the .htaccess file is called dot-htaccess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #22 by itgl72
Well Im open to some more suggestions.

More
14 years 9 months ago #23 by swamsander
Okay i moved/copied my site from my webhoster to my local Wampserver 2.0.

Now search does work :unsure:

Only thing left to do is to see what is different between the 2.......

More
14 years 9 months ago #24 by itgl72
swamsander wrote:

Only thing left to do is to see what is different between the 2.......

Check the PHP, MYSQL, APACHE versions of the servers. As seen in my post #21202 above local and live servers are above recommended requirements but the versions on my live webserver are a bit older, and the search breaks there. STILL IT SHOULD WORK.

More
14 years 9 months ago #25 by swamsander
Let me get one thing clear....I am convinced that i should work.

Locally it does so now it's just see what is different. I am going to get to the bottom of this to get it working B) . I'll keep you posted.

More
14 years 9 months ago #26 by itgl72
I hope so, if I can help I will. The only difference on my two test sites running ONLY joomla 1.5.11 and only kunena (both native and non native versions) is the webservers that are both within recommended requirements has the live webserver with older versions. Unless theres some config somewhere I am missing, its over my head right now. I'm really praying against having to update one or all of the MYSQL, PHP, and APACHE on our server due to the challenge at this time. We can do it, but getting to it and getting it done is going to really push our already delayed launch even further back. :-(

GOOD LUCK!

More
14 years 9 months ago #27 by cendres2lune
I had a look at my server configuration :

Mysql : 5.0.67
Php : 5.2.9
And apache : Apache/2.2.10 (Linux/SUSE)

I know I have a special patch for php with is called suhosin, (Suhosin is an advanced protection system for PHP installations.) may be the problem comes from it !

More
14 years 9 months ago #28 by itgl72
OK, just to add to this. On both the vanilla sites that have 1.5.3 and 1.0.10 Kunena I still have the broke search function after upgrading apache to the latest version and upgrading our php to PHP Version 5.2.10.

We have go to figure this out... Got to be able to seach the forum.

More
14 years 9 months ago #29 by sozzled
I do agree with you, itgl72! :) However, we've already isolated your Joomla website as the 99.9% most-likely cause and it's fairly safe to conclude that Kunena's inoperability is a symptom, not the cause, of your problem. Yes, I agree, Kunena has exposed a flaw with your production website, but this same flaw does not occur on your local PC site. Why is that? It's not Kunena, it's not even Joomla.

It's possible that the cause of the problem is running Apache web services on a Microsoft base. For this reason, and this same reason I encountered a similar situation, I made sure that I had a properly configured dot-htaccess file (it's so really easy to overlook that "dot" prefix!) irrespective of whether you use SEO features. Let us eliminate that as the cause of the problem. Elsewhere in these forums are samples of working .htaccess files.

It's also important to make sure your directory/file access permissions are properly setup. Likewise there are guidelines on how to setup the permissions.

These are the two most commonly-overlooked (and they're the most difficult-to-understand) causes of website access problems ... and I feel comfortable in declaring the cause of itgl72's "inability to produce a search result" problem a "site access" issue. What else is there? :S

More
14 years 9 months ago #30 by itgl72
Alright, I'll see if I can find some alternative .htaccess files on this forum.

One thing of note, both my test environement and production environement are on "windows" but one is XP the other windows 2003 server.

I'll also see if I can find the info on proper permissions on files/folders. Maybe its an issue.

I hope I can find SOMETHING...

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds