Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question SOLVED: How to Display Additional Information (My Profile Info)

More
14 years 1 month ago #11 by nikkie
I was most definitely missing something! A CSS conflict between Kunena and the Joomla template made the submit button white on white for the My Profile Info form. It was therefore hidden. As a result I had been pressing the "Go" button by reflex since it was the only thing I could see. So rather than saving the My Profile Information I was just performing a forum jump.

Geez, of all the things to get tripped up on. So no data was being saved in the first place, which is why nothing was displayed. I kept moving from user to user adding additional info thinking it might have been something user specific. Only when I examined the table in the back-end did I notice the absence of data. I then traced it back and using FireBug was able to locate the submit button and correct its CSS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #12 by CheechDogg
HA! Awesome work, glad you figured it out. It had me totally stumped. :blink:

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
14 years 1 month ago #13 by sozzled
This is one of those times when viewing a user's website would have more quickly assisted the resolution of the issue but, as the site was inaccessible, it was one of those things that only the user could solve.

As a tip for others in a similar predicament: if you suspect that Kunena is misbehaving, it sometimes pays to return to basics. In other words, change your site template to one of the simple ones that are installed with Joomla (e.g. rhuk_milkyway or JA_Purity) to see whether your problems persist. The Kunena developers and testers cannot foresee how Kunena will perform under the millions of different operational environments that people use every day. Kunena is designed and tested for the "standard" Joomla templates.

It only takes a few minutes to switch Joomla templates but this can possibly save you hours in tracking the source of those problems that you may currently have. ;)

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds