Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question migrating Joomla 1.x+Smf 1.x to Joomla 1.5+kunena Script

More
13 years 9 months ago #51 by Dannymh
Sounds like you likely put some of the code outside of quotes.

Make sure all the Dbase user password etc are allnindividually in quotes.

I will try to finish this code this week too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #52 by brianfischer74
Thanks Dan. I didn't have quotes around anything.

I no longer get the error message. I'm definitely not doing something right. Basically it flashes to my homepage right away. I go into Kunena component and do the recount category stats and nothing has changed.

I'm using the orignial converter and the updated sm2k.php and not the one you updated. Only because it sounds like the old one kept passwords. Maybe it's an issue of me needing to use your updated one.

My situation though is that I was running community builder and the joomlahacks bridge so basically they were entering through CB. I'm trying to avoid messing this up somehow so that when I'm in Kunena they still have access with their CB stuff.

You mention that you are working on finishing it. With my above situation Is it just best to wait until your done working on your updated script?

Thanks for the help already. I don't know much about this script stuff so everyone posts in here have been helpful.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #53 by Dannymh
yeah there is an infinite loop that overwrites and you end up with only a handful of users.

You need to make sure the SMF and Joomla tables are in the same table

Also Kunena and CB integrate so no problems there

As for waiting, yeah unless you dont mind the formatting.

Basically it converts the <br/> but incorrectly, i am thinking of taking that out and then running an SQL script to fix that
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Dannymh.

More
13 years 9 months ago #54 by brianfischer74
So if it only ends up with a handful of users if I understand correctly I can back up my users table before the script and put them back in after. What about the password thing. Since I'm integrating with CB would they still be able to use their existing or will they have to go the route mentioned in this thread of having to use a new password.

"Smf and joomla tables are in the same table". Are you meaning they need to be in the same database. I have them together in that but don't know if I'm supposed to do something else as far as "tables".

Thanks.

More
13 years 9 months ago #55 by Dannymh
Sorry yeah meant the same database.

As for users no you cant really jsut backup the user table as you also need the ACL tables filled inc correctly.

Backup allt eh ACL and user tables and you will be right though.

better however to do this in aother installation

More
13 years 9 months ago #56 by brianfischer74
I want to apologize for being a nob. The person that did all the smf is no longer helping and with the upgrade to joomla 1.5/community builder kunena sounds like it might be the best solution long term. Hoping to get there. Many thanks to you.

What are the ACL tables?

What do you mean by on another installation? Do a fresh Kunena install?

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #57 by Dannymh
ACl tables are all the Joomla ACL tables.

I dont have a list at the moment, as am at work,
They are all the tables that either contain

"acl" or "aro"

Fresh istall = a new install of jooml and kunena for testing purposes so you dont need to alter your live environment
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Dannymh.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #58 by brianfischer74
Giving this another attempt. I'm excited because I made progress because I got an error this time compared to nothing happening before:) I posted it down below. I believe it is because I've changed my joomla prefix to something else so that is why it isn't finding "jos_fb_announcement". Can I just go through the php file and replace these. Just wanted to double check to make sure I'm not missing something with that line of thinking.

I am also using Tamir's original script with his updated smf2k.php file. I went that route because when I loaded up Kunena the users are appearing in there. So I thought I would give it a whirl to see if I didn't have to mess with users.

Thanks!

Done in 0
Creating Tables...

Truncating Tables...

Invalid query:
TRUNCATE TABLE jos_fb_announcement
Table 'inwardtr_sandpoint15.jos_fb_announcement' doesn't exist
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by brianfischer74.

More
13 years 8 months ago #59 by kraymitchell
Hey Danny,
Any luck on tweaking that script some more?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #60 by brianfischer74
Thanks for this. I was able to get my posts, etc transferred over.

One thing I would like to change though if possible is all the old posts show the "username" instead of the "real name". Danny if I use your script instead is it possible so that it would import this way so that the author is te real name? I also can't click on a poster and go to their profile. Guessing this is because I used the older script?

Danny if I use your script and it resets the password how does that work. if they login to community builder and then hit the forums does it give them a new password and they have to use this for all of joomla?

I did get the following below when running the script.

Invalid query:
update `sh3s_fb_users` set userid= ifnull((select max(t.id) from sh3s_users_old q,sh3s_users t where t.username=q.username and q.id=userid ),userid)
Duplicate entry '64' for key 'PRIMARY'
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by brianfischer74.

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds