Kunena 5.1.18 Released (30 Jun 2020)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.18 [K 5.1.18] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

Question migrating Joomla 1.x+Smf 1.x to Joomla 1.5+kunena Script

More
10 years 1 month ago #11 by kraymitchell
Hey Guys,
First, thanks so much for putting together something like this. I have a quick question though.

I have an SMF 1.1.10 board that is currently standalone. I am setting up a J! 1.5 site and would like to switch to Kunena because of the SMF issues and power struggle.

Can this script be used just to convert over the forum by itself?

THanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12 by Dannymh
Hi,

Yes this can be used to convert just the forum

More
10 years 1 month ago #13 by kraymitchell
Dannymh wrote:

Hi,

Yes this can be used to convert just the forum

Fantastic, thanks!

More
10 years 1 month ago #14 by kraymitchell
Hey Danny,
I did a test, and the migration script went through super fast, less than 2 mins.

None of the users came across, and while all the categories came (I think anyway), nothing else did.

On my old forum, these are the stats:
21036 Posts in 3762 Topics by 4678 Members

I have a near fresh install of Joomla 1.5.18, and just installed Kunena today (I performed no setup).

Here is what I did:

I dumped the following tables from my live forum:
smf_boards
smf_categories
smf_members
smf_messages
smf_moderators
smf_topics

I imported that SQL file into the database that Joomla is installed on (Which is on a different server, if that matters).

After that was done, I ran the smf2k.php script (I replaced the original one with the updated one). It went through the setup pretty quick, I didn't get to read anything, and then said Mazal Tov.

Any ideas?

More
10 years 1 month ago #15 by Dannymh
was an error_log file placed in the same directory as the script?

The entire process should take close to an hour

More
10 years 1 month ago #16 by kraymitchell
Hey Danny,
No error_log was generated so I put one in and re-started the process from scratch. Same results, nothing written to the log file though.

More
10 years 1 month ago #17 by Dannymh
lol putting an error log in wont make it fill :)

That has more to do with your PHP.ini settings.

So no errors are shown on screen at any point?

It sounds to me more like it isn't connecting to the right database and actually finding any data.

Which script are you using, my altered timed one or the original?

More
10 years 1 month ago #18 by kraymitchell
oh LOL.

When I run the script, something does come up before it switches screens, but it happens to fast for me to read anything.

I am using your script file that you zipped up. I deleted the original and dropped yours in it's place.

More
10 years 1 month ago #19 by Dannymh
If your server supported is can you please do the following

Create a php.ini file and put the following in it and upload it to the directory with the script in it
display_errors = Off
log_errors = On

re-run the script and you should have an error_log file in the same folder or in your host account somewhere. Attach that file or past the contents in here and I will be able to help you out.

Something is basically either not coming up in one of the queries or there is another error

More
10 years 1 month ago #20 by kraymitchell
Morning Danny!
OK, I tried again this morning with a clear brain, but am still getting the short end of the stick. I managed to get some screenshots of the action (Attached).

Here is the only thing in the error log, hopefully the Zend Optimizer is the issue and I can get it fixed!
[07-Jun-2010 08:29:14] PHP Warning:  Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.x cannot be found (expected at '/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.0/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so') - try reinstalling the Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0
[07-Jun-2010 08:29:20] PHP Warning:  Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.x cannot be found (expected at '/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.0/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so') - try reinstalling the Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0
[07-Jun-2010 08:32:59] PHP Warning:  Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.x cannot be found (expected at '/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.0/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so') - try reinstalling the Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0
[07-Jun-2010 08:33:04] PHP Warning:  Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.x cannot be found (expected at '/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.0/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so') - try reinstalling the Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0
[07-Jun-2010 08:33:34] PHP Warning:  Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.x cannot be found (expected at '/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.0/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so') - try reinstalling the Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0
[07-Jun-2010 08:33:55] PHP Warning:  Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.x cannot be found (expected at '/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.0/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so') - try reinstalling the Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0
[07-Jun-2010 08:33:57] PHP Warning:  Zend Optimizer for PHP 5.2.x cannot be found (expected at '/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-3.3.0/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so') - try reinstalling the Zend Optimizer in Unknown on line 0
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds