Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question migrating Joomla 1.x+Smf 1.x to Joomla 1.5+kunena Script

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #1 by tamirzzz
Hi there,

I just finished refurbishing a script I found in the internet to work with UTF-8 and without password change!!. I used it in my site and it worked well.

Now you can migrate Joomla 1.x+Smf 1.x to Joomla 1.5+kunena in several easy steps.

Cheers,

Tamir

File Attachment:

File Name: Smf2Kunena_eng.zip
File Size:51 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by tamirzzz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #2 by canemvn

More
14 years 1 week ago #3 by freespirit
Hi,

we have our site in joomla 1.0 and using smf.
We are upgrading to 1.5 and we would like to use kunena..

our main concern is that we need to have the same URLs.

will this script help?

More
14 years 1 week ago #4 by tamirzzz
Hi there,

To begin with: The forum issue postponed my upgrade for a longtime, mainly because there wasn`t an appropriate solution for the smf forum in Joomla 1.5. This is exactly why I chose Kunena,and refurbished the script for this purpose. Jfusion is popular, but it is not a good component in the sense it uses iframes, and therefore you will not have URL`s at all :laugh:

After I finished working on the script a brand new component emerged: enabled us to bridge smd 2.0 to joomla 1.5.I haven`t used it, and as far as I know , smf 2.0 is not mature enough yet.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/bridges...NtZiBicmlkZ2UiO30%3D

Regarding the URL question: in it`s nature the URL`s are different, but come to think of it , the URL`s of the joomla 1.x are different than the ones of Joomla 1.5. So What I did was kept the old site as well, with an indication that new site was moved to....(in the transition period). If it still bothers you, perhaps you should look into 3rd party components.

If you want to learn from my experience, use Kunena and my script to upgrade. You can do your own investigation, like I did, and look into other alternatives (such as jfusion, phpbb3-requires password change), but in the end, there is no doubt in mind, you would choose the Script alternative.

Before I upgraded, I had many concerns, but after a month or so, they all vanished in the wind. I am very happy I upgraded that way-it enabled me with many new exiting options.

Hope I was of any assistance,

Tamir

More
14 years 4 days ago #5 by NateM
I used this. However, it didn't work. Topics would import, but users were problematic. It stopped when it got to a user named 'Patrick O'Leary', with an invalid syntax error. I'm assuming this is because of the ' in O'Leary. Anyone know of a way to modify the code so that it can accept the 's?

More
14 years 4 days ago #6 by NateM
Sorry, it wasn't the topics that imported, it was the categories.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #7 by tamirzzz
Could you please send the Error message? Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by tamirzzz.

More
13 years 11 months ago #8 by Dannymh
You will need to add "addslashes()" to the postername and also ad mysql_real_escape_string() to the insert of threads etc.

I need to finish some work on the script myself to import mine, including breaking it into batches, once I have finishes I will post it for you

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by Dannymh
For anyone interested I edited this script to make it much more likely to succeed :)

I added the following

- mysql_real_escape_string where required to queries to ensure that characters are correctly escaped andentered into the database correctly (i.e. will allow apostrophe's etc)
- Placed a timer script in there so that you wont overload your server and runs in batches

It basically only lets the MSG import run for 20 seconds at a time, it then stops the script takes current MSG_ID, stops the page load and waits 10 seconds, it then reloads the page and picks up where it left off.

This is by far the ugliest script I have used in a long time, and the changes are adequate at best. So please check everything after it completes.

It's also not very secure, in that it will allow SQL injections, but if you are leaving this on your server, for people to access, well frankly you deserve to have your site hacked :)

So when you are finished with it make sure you delete it.

I am testing this on my site which has about 225227 Posts in 15714 Topics by 1602 Members

Running my full test now(going to take a good hour to complete given it works on execution time, rather than specific amount of queries/topics)

Anyway should work, I offer no warranty or support, though if you ask questions here I will do my best to answer them and help. IF you have a lot more members than I do and you have a lot more forums/categories than I do, then you may need further changes like a break in the user import, that can be added easily so just let me know if you are getting "maximum execution time" errors and I will make the change for you.

USAGE:
- Download the original package from the first thread
- replace SMF2k.php with the one attached here
- edit the mysql.php file with your settings
- upload to your server
- hit the http://<yourserver>/pathtoscript/smf2k.php in your browser
- Make a coffee, or hang back and watch, it's not that interesting to watch though :)

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #10 by Dannymh
re-attaching script as .zip

Please extract then follow steps above

File Attachment:

File Name: smf2k.zip
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Dannymh.

Time to create page: 0.600 seconds