Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question How do you save the configuration? !!!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #11 by lalaw
I have the same problem. I cannot find a way to save the configuration. It is just not there. I installed a fresh Joomla 1.5.15 on an Apache server 2 days ago. All I have added is the community builder component/modules, which I have disabled, but the problem remains, I cannot change/save the configuration. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #12 by sozzled
The growing number of K 1.5.11 installation problems is becoming a bit disturbing. This is the fourth (or fifth, perhaps) instance where someone has had these similar symptoms. In the other three (or four) cases, the cause was traced to a defective/incomplete installation of Kunena. In particular, one file (somehow or other) failed to properly install on users' sites.

In each of the three (or however many) cases before this one, the one file that was missing was toolbar.kunena.php. As was mentioned out earlier in this discussion by rogerco,

For reference for anyone else finding this, the file toolbar.kunena.php is found in the root folder of the archive (tar) and needs to go into administrator/components/com_kunena.

As I said, this latest case, reported by lalaw, seems somehow related. " I have the same problem... " Indeed.

Perhaps the same solution might also apply? :unsure:

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #13 by lalaw
I JUST installed a FRESH joomla site (version 1.5.15) to check out if the problem was a component/plugin/module, and then installed Kunena "successfully" as shown below:

I N S T A L L : Successful
php version: 5.2.9 (Required >= 5.0.3)
mysql version: 5.0.87.d10-ourdelta (Required > 4.1.19)
Installed version: Kunena 1.5.11 | 2010-04-04 | 1884 [ Kirjeldama ]

BUT THERE IS STILL NO WAY TO SAVE THE CONFIGURATION.
My System/Joomla info:
PHP Built on: Linux
Database Version: 5.0.87.d10-ourdelta
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.9 Web Server: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT

I will now try out to fix the problem by moving the file toolbar.kunena.php found in the root folder of the archive (tar) and into administrator/components/com_kunena, as suggested by rogerco and sozzled

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #14 by Cerberus
just an update seems to only be the TAR package that is affected the ZIP package is not, so if you are having issue try installing from the ZIP package.

I personaly always use zip package for plugins to joomla even tho my site is hosted on linux as they are install from the backend of joomla.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #15 by lalaw
It worked Cerberus! I uninstalled K and reinstalled it by uploading the ZIP com_kunena_v1.5.11_stable_b1884_2010-04-04.zip, and The save button now appears in the upper right corner in Kunena's configuration section, in the Admin!
Kunena's TAR package must be damaged, missing something, or maybe there is a problem with TAR packages in general.
Thanks so much for your post!

More
14 years 2 weeks ago - 14 years 2 weeks ago #16 by Cerberus
your welcome :)
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Cerberus.

More
14 years 1 week ago #17 by winxalot
Hope this saves someone time...

PROBLEM: After installing Kunena update 1.5.11, part of my Kunena Admin (Backend) menu disappeared . I noticed when I went to Forum Administration and tried to create a new forum. There was no menu on the top right to allow this.

CAUSE:Installing the component through the Joomla installer, using the gz.tar compressed version.

SOLUTION: Uninstalling and then reinstalling the component through the Joomla installer, using the .zip compressed version.

More
14 years 1 week ago #18 by Cerberus
This has been decussed now 9 times on this forum and the tar package is bein replace with a fixed version by matias some time tomorrow. :)

More
14 years 1 week ago #19 by sozzled
I think this is the common denominator. Like Cerberus, I, too, never use tarball archive packages. These kinds of archives are mostly useful if you want to copy the source code to examine them for yourselves (on a Unix system) not for the purposes of installing Kunena with Joomla's installation procedures.

Thank you for this information. I will post a warning in the known issues thread.

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds