Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Can I Migrate from ccBoard?

More
13 years 2 months ago #11 by N6REJ
Migrating from ccboard to anything is a lost cause. As a former devout ccboard user I can tell you its just simply hopeless.
Part of the reason is ccboard was designed to use the html editor which kunena does not. The kunena to ccboard converter doesn't. even going the ninja-agora-kunena route will not work.. Believe me I've tried.
In our case we made the decision to just dump the 1000+ posts we had c/p the few majorly important ones ( about 200 ) and start fresh with the rest. Its a sucky solution but the only one viable @ this time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #12 by Cony
Bellow SQL converts ccBoard 1.2RC Posts to Kunena. It does not convert categories, as I didn't need it.

Do not forget to chaneg jos_ to table prefix you use.
Code:
INSERT INTO jos_kunena_messages SELECT cp.id AS id, IF(ct.start_post_id=cp.id,0,ct.start_post_id) AS parent, ct.start_post_id AS thread, cp.forum_id AS catid, cp.post_username AS name, cp.post_user AS userid, COALESCE(u.email,'') AS email, cp.post_subject AS subject, cp.post_time AS time, cp.ip AS ip, IF(ct.start_post_id=cp.id,ct.topic_emoticon,0) AS topic_emoticon, IF(ct.start_post_id=cp.id,ct.locked,0) AS locked, cp.hold AS hold, 0 AS ordering, IF(ct.start_post_id=cp.id,ct.hits,0) AS hits, 0 AS moved, cp.modified_by AS modified_by, cp.modified_time AS modified_time, cp.modified_reason AS modified_reason FROM jos_ccb_posts AS cp JOIN jos_ccb_topics AS ct ON ct.id = cp.topic_id LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON u.id=cp.post_user; INSERT INTO jos_kunena_messages_text SELECT cp.id AS messid, cp.post_text AS message FROM jos_ccb_posts AS cp;
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Cony.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds