×
Kunena 5.1.15 Released (27 Oct 2019)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.1.15 [K 5.1.15] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.1.

Question Modified version of the conversion script - Get more data from phpBB3 to Kunena

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #11 by Lelldorianx
Does this script support permissions and groups?

BTW, I got this error:

TRUNCATE TABLE `[my DB name]`.`jos_fb_categories`
Table '[my db name].jos_fb_categories' doesn't exist

Edit.: Fixed the above error by doing a "replace all fb_" to change it to "kunena_"

I now get this error:

SELECT id FROM `db name`.`jos_core_acl_aro_groups` WHERE name='Registered' OR name='Administrator' ORDER BY name ASC
Table 'db name.jos_core_acl_aro_groups' doesn't exist

Joomla 1.6
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Lelldorianx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #12 by fsoares

Lelldorianx wrote: Does this script support permissions and groups?

Yes, this script convert phpBB permissions groups to your equivalent in Joomla! 1.5.

Lelldorianx wrote: BTW, I got this error:

TRUNCATE TABLE `[my DB name]`.`jos_fb_categories`
Table '[my db name].jos_fb_categories' doesn't exist

Edit.: Fixed the above error by doing a "replace all fb_" to change it to "kunena_"
...


Please note, this script is for

"1.This migrator was designed and tested for migration from phpBB 3.0.5 to Fireboard 1.0.4
(so, update your phpBB3 forum to version 3.0.5 first!)"

After this you can install Kunena...

Lelldorianx wrote: I now get this error:

SELECT id FROM `db name`.`jos_core_acl_aro_groups` WHERE name='Registered' OR name='Administrator' ORDER BY name ASC
Table 'db name.jos_core_acl_aro_groups' doesn't exist

Joomla 1.6


This script is for Joomla! 1.5 only


Thanks

Fernando Soares - Mantendo sua Tecnologia
Hospedagem Joomla e VirtueMart Hosting
twitter.com/fernando_soares
www.fernandosoares.com.br
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by fsoares.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #13 by mba2431
when i convert my database, my word in new database convert to "question mark" "?" :( my language is Persian and both collation database is utf8_general_ci

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #14 by Lelldorianx
I've got the script working quite nicely now, but there is only one problem: my attachments appear in the message (in-line), but at the bottom of the message where the attachments are linked to with the file image, there is a slash (/) at the end of the filename. Example:

kunena/attachments/fbfiles/images/2_86784f820e65e46999555b249fa54e7b.jpg/ <--- this slash should not be here, but I can't figure out how to remove it.

link to problem: gamersnexus.net/forum/27-case-modding/4498-iron-man-case-mod

Any ideas? Thanks! The script is awesome :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #15 by fsoares

mba2431 wrote: when i convert my database, my word in new database convert to "question mark" "?" :( my language is Persian and both collation database is utf8_general_ci


Hi,

I have not sure but you can edit the file "go.php" with an editor like "NotePad++" and convert it to codification "UTF-8 no BOM"...

Try this experience becouse the actual file is in codification "ANSI / ISO8859-1"...

Thanks

Fernando Soares - Mantendo sua Tecnologia
Hospedagem Joomla e VirtueMart Hosting
twitter.com/fernando_soares
www.fernandosoares.com.br

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #16 by mba2431

fsoares wrote: Hi,

I have not sure but you can edit the file "go.php" with an editor like "NotePad++" and convert it to codification "UTF-8 no BOM"...

Try this experience becouse the actual file is in codification "ANSI / ISO8859-1"...

Thanks

unfortunately it doesn't work :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #17 by Lelldorianx
I can't seem to disable magic quotes. My topics with ampersands (&) and my posts with single quotes (') seem to have issues rendering properly. An apostrophe appears as [ J\'s ] and ampersands appear as &amp; in category titles.

ini_set("magic_quotes_gpc", "0");
set_magic_quotes_runtime ( 0 );

on line 33, but it seems to not work. Any thoughts?

Edit 2.: I just noticed that new posts in the kunena board do not have the \' issue, but old posts do.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Lelldorianx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #18 by fsoares

Lelldorianx wrote: I've got the script working quite nicely now, but there is only one problem: my attachments appear in the message (in-line), but at the bottom of the message where the attachments are linked to with the file image, there is a slash (/) at the end of the filename. Example:

kunena/attachments/fbfiles/images/2_86784f820e65e46999555b249fa54e7b.jpg/ <--- this slash should not be here, but I can't figure out how to remove it.

link to problem: gamersnexus.net/forum/27-case-modding/4498-iron-man-case-mod

Any ideas? Thanks! The script is awesome :D


For all: Note, you need:

- phpBB3 version 3.0.5; NEED TO BE VERSION 3.0.5 (no 3.0.4- and no 3.0.6+)

- Fireboard 1.0.4 installed on Joomla! 1.5; NEED TO BE FIREBOARD 1.0.4

- Then run convertion and check posts at Fireboard forum;

- Only after this you can install the Kunena Forum

For me all links are correct and I tested with these specifications.

Try again another conversion with the specifications above...

ATTENTION: ONLY DO THIS BELLOW ON TEST AMBIENT
Lelldorianx, if you want try to correct these mistakes try run this MySQL query on phpMyAdmin:
UPDATE `jos_fb_messages_text` set `message` = REPLACE(`message`, '.jpg/[/img]', '.jpg[/img]')

If have problem with other file extension, only change it on the query.

Thanks

Fernando Soares - Mantendo sua Tecnologia
Hospedagem Joomla e VirtueMart Hosting
twitter.com/fernando_soares
www.fernandosoares.com.br
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by fsoares.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #19 by frold
I get this error:

Warning: copy(../phpbb3/images/avatars/upload/6e0f1d67dd10a1ed0cec37a93f2170a9_2.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Documents and Settings\idi4eh\Skrivebord\xampp\xampplite\htdocs\joomla15\converter\go.php on line 336

SOLVED

Did place my phpBB outside the converter folder!!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by frold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds