Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question How to display Kunena within Joomla template

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena and Joomla
Stress wrote:

Is there a way to make it so that when people log into my website that they also are logged into Kunena?

I've read terms like "Joomla! user integration" and read about other extensions such as Community Builder and JFusion - but I really have no idea what is best or if I really need it.

John's short answer is quite correct. The beauty of Kunena is that was developed as a native Joomla extension. Kunena slots seamlessly into your Joomla website: no bridging software; no tweaks; no "legacy mode" or retrofitting. Whatever means your users register with your website, whichever way they login, your users can use Kunena just like they are able to use anything else you've provided for them. This is the number one reason that people look for forum software like Kunena. There are alternatives around, too, if you care to investigate them and everyone has their own likes or dislikes.

The second biggest attraction (for me, anyway) is the interest that people have in making Kunena better through their involvement in this discussion forum. If you have a problem, if you want to improve the way your forum looks or tailor it more to your specific website's theme, this is where you're likely to get assistance. But, perhaps the third major feature about Kunena - and I'm not trying to do a sales job here :lol: - is that Kunena works (in 99% of the time, anyway) immediately, out-of-the-box, without needing to do anything!.

As for the other community management extensions mentioned, like John said, they are nonessential unless you desire something else they offer (e.g. "bullet-proofing" the registration process):
  • Community Builder: core component is free to download and integrates moderately well with Kunena
  • JFusion Universal User Integration: also free to download, claims to "integrate almost any software into Joomla and allow your users single logins" and although I see no specific reason why it should not work with Kunena I can't see any reason why this would be needed, either. This product seems more suitable for non-native Jooma software, like phpBB or SMF
  • JomSocial: must be purchased, enjoys a mixed degree of success with Kunena, and is used here at www.kunena.com
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #12 by Stress
Another minor issue.

Avatars. When I go into "My Profile" -> "My Avatar" the default gallery does show up and I can see the images. However, once I select an image and "Confirm Choice", I get the dreaded red "X" (as in image not found) as my avatar.

I thought to right click on the images and check the paths. Forgive me, but I'm editing out my actual domain.

The pictures I can see:

forevernursing.com/media/kunena/attachme...allery/butterfly.gif

What it is when I can't:

forevernursing.com/media/kunena/attachme...allery/butterfly.gif

I can't find out where the crazy "%7B" is coming from.

Any thoughts?

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
This is becoming a very broad-ranging discussion topic, isn't it? :S

Many of your questions on your several specific topics may have already been answered before. Have you searched the forum? :unsure: For example, start here: 1.5.9 - Known issues

As I mentioned in my last message, the beauty of Kunena is that (99% of the time) it works out-of-the-box. It's usually other factors (sometimes beyond the scope of what users can control), other extensions or when users change things when the problems start ... but sometimes things don't always work as we had hoped for :lol:

That's when you have to be inventive and learn to become more self-reliant. B)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14 by Stress
Thank you for the link. I had tried a search, but finding the proper key words was apparently an issue. I presumed since it was such a seeminly small error that I had somehow typed "%7B" into some setting that I could no longer find.

Thank you again for the help. I'll load some custom avatars, which according to the post you linked, works.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds