Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [RESOLVED] Can't find this sentence!!!

More
12 years 10 months ago #11 by Randall
While I have your attention, WHERE are the exact words"The administrator has disabled public write access." that are showing up on my site?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #12 by Randall
I really hope the people running this software see how dumb this is.

there is NO folder called language in the com_kunena folder.

there is NO file called kunena.english.php.

There IS a language folder. and I provided the file.

VERY frustrated here... maybe this is an english/offshore problem. GUYS! This is simple!

WHERE IS THE TEXT!!!!

THERE IS NO OTHER QUESTION HERE?

WHERE ARE THE DEV PEOPLE!

I know what it's like to MOD a forum... I'm not looking for a MOD... I looking for an answer.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #13 by sozzled
I believe that I have been patient in this case and I think your continuing aggressive tone is starting to wear thin.

I looked at your website ( lender-reviews.com ) and the Kunena forum at that site ( lender-reviews.com/index.php/forum ). We can see, from this basic information, that you have installed K 1.5. By looking at lender-reviews.com/administrator/compone..._kunena/manifest.xml we can further tell that you are using K 1.5.13.

You need to look below the root folder of your website in the administrator folder, and in that folder, look for the components sub-folder, then look at the com_kunena sub-folder, then look at the language sub-folder below that. The text obviously has to come from somewhere; it should come from the file ../administrator/components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php.

There is no need for you to type your responses in capital letters. You have always had my full attention. Let's try to remain calm, approach this in a professional manner and work through the problem together.

I may be wrong. I have been known to have been wrong many times before. I admit my wrong-ness when I merit it. There is no need for you to remind me of my responsibilities towards you or towards other members of the community. I ask you to keep in mind that I am only trying to show you where you should find the answers. Are we clear?
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago #14 by Randall
I looked back at all my posts, and I very sure my capital letters properly expressed the frustration.

Your last post actually answered the initial question, and I'm not sure why it was not answered correctly the first time. THE PATH PROVIDED WAS WRONG!

There are TWO language folders... only one is admin...

Very frustrating support system, that appears to count on a MOD to cover simple steps.

Please guys... RAMP it UP!

I nearly dumped this board based upon FUZZY support... not lack of it... just WRONG info!

Sorry but few people have time for that... I hope it was not a 'language' issue.

Mark this problem SOLVED, but still shaking my head at how.

More
12 years 10 months ago #15 by fxstein
I'd like to offer a word of caution here.

It is amazing to me that people come to a community of people that donate their free time to bring together free software and offer free help and STUMP around like they own this place.

I hope you never have to be in the situation donating something to others and then being called out how lame it was for only giving so little.

This is a community with lots of tired-less helpers that do all of this for free. This is no company, nothing we do here is sold. If you find something in any of the work we share for free, that you think can be improved, than step in and help.

We value each an every contribution. But at the same time I want to be crystal clear: We will not allow anybody to insult our volunteers or the community over anything we share here.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
12 years 10 months ago #16 by Randall
Thank you.

A response from a developer.

Your words are totally understood and appreciated.

Your assistance and over-site is respected.

Thank you for being there.

I can only imagine that you would want clarity and "direct" solutions for those with problems, and I'm sure you can see I had frustrations.

But the problem was solved... many hours and postings, but solved.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds