Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important 2 errors in Kunena

More
13 years 8 months ago #11 by F0l2saken
Replied by F0l2saken on topic Re: 2 errors in Kunena
Please stop blaming people for using custom templates, I've seen several posts all over the place about this problem with the forums and it HAS NOTHING to do with the template. I'm using your forums with a fresh install of Kuena with the templates you include with it, and I have the same problem exactly.

The problem is with the forums, it's a bug, and all anyone ever says from here is that it's the templates fault. Not true at all. This problem will never get fixed if all that happens is the blame is passed onto the user for trying to modify the template.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #12 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: 2 errors in Kunena

F0l2saken wrote: Please stop blaming people for using custom templates, I've seen several posts all over the place about this problem with the forums and it HAS NOTHING to do with the template. I'm using your forums with a fresh install of Kuena with the templates you include with it, and I have the same problem exactly.

The problem is with the forums, it's a bug, and all anyone ever says from here is that it's the templates fault. Not true at all. This problem will never get fixed if all that happens is the blame is passed onto the user for trying to modify the template.

i am personaly a template builder and i do not have this error in ANY of my templates so please state the answers to a few question below so i can see what exactly your issue is as " i have the same issue " is about as useful to me as a chocolate teapot.

kunena version ?

joomla version ?

templates being used ??

any other special mod or plugin loaded to your site ???

i am not affliated with kunena in any way other than i run a gaming site that uses kunena..
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: 2 errors in Kunena
F0l2saken: it is not our intention to apportion blame; it is our wish to determine cause. The original question, started a 5 weeks ago and dealing with a version of Kunena that is no longer the latest one, concerned the use of the default_gray template. This problem was easily fixed and the background to why the problems occurred is given here . The underlying problem is that, throughout the K 1.5.x series, successive versions of Kunena affected the behaviour of the templates that users had installed. In other words, when users upgraded from one version of Kunena to another, and if they were not using the default_ex template, they could have other issues involving incompatibilities between the template they were using and the version of Kunena they had installed.

Without mincing words, this was a fundamental flaw in the design of K 1.5. We all know about and we are confident that K 1.6 will not have this issue (or will not have it to anywhere near the same extent as K 1.5). I don't think any benefit will be gained by hammering this point.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds