Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed by moderator due to lack of interest] Can no longer upload files consistently to forum

More
14 years 2 months ago #11 by sozzled
I now suspect that this problem could be related to cant upload any files . See Large attachment issues in the Wiki, too. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #12 by stuart
PHP is configured to upload (and works perfectly with other applications) large files. I have attaxhed an extract from my php.ini file.

File Attachment:

File Name: php_Ini.txt
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #13 by sozzled
Very good, but as we've said elsewhere (see what I referred to in my last message), not everyone can change the php.ini file. ;)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14 by stuart
From reading your last message I am reading that, 1) It is suggested that the "can't upload files" problem may be a server configuration issue that may be beyond your control (I can configure my servers so this would not apply to my circumstances), and 2) May also be a "large attachment issue" which your links solution is only part of our solution to uploading very large files as per previous attachment, the files we can't upload are around 350kb (so not a large attachment issue).

Note: We have always been able to upload large files using php, we run a document archiving system which uses Owl Intranet, we are constantly doing single uploads of up to 1G. PHP has been configured to allow us to do this without problem, it has never been a problem until now with Kunena.

We have used SMF for years (also phpBB) and been able to upload large attachments without problem. The problems we are experiencing seem to be concentrated around Kunena, we installed it about a week ago (we would like to use a native Joomla forum board) and have had no end to problems since. Kunena seems to be quiet unstable compared to the other older boards. I cannot find anywhere on the support forums where the developers are actively addressing the re-occuring problems I am reading (many probably related) and offering generic solutions or problem solving hints.

I am assuming that the problems are probably related to php configuration, but there seems to be very little guidance, if you have a recent copy of php and Joomla it should work OK. We would like to continue to use this Forum but the benefits do not seem to outweigh the pain at this point. This is not meant to be a critisim of Kunena, but I assume I have configured Kunena correctly as nobody has advised differently, php seems to be OK, Joomla and DocMan (can upload OK) work OK, the issue seems to be with Kunena.

We are in a position to configure our servers so that they will work, but nothing that we have done up to this point has made any difference.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by stuart.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15 by stuart
Just to make sure that I had not gone stark raving mad and unknowingly changed the php configuration, I reinstalled SMF 1.1.11 in the joomla directory and was immediately (after altering SMFs config to allow larger uploads) able to upload a pdf file of 10,586kb without further configuring php or Joomla. This is the same machine on which I am unable to upload pdf files using Kunena (SMF and Kunena are now installed side by side).

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds