Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Can't create sticky post

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #11 by anth
Replied by anth on topic Re: Can't create sticky post
Sozzled - If a post was the same as a topic, then I would agree. But they are different - topics are made up of posts... aren't they?

The example does show some sticky topics, but I cant see evidence of sticky posts within them... though I could stand corrected as it was a quick look.

fxstein - my customer asked me to find this out. They have post ordering as 'newest first', but would like to have (usually the 1st and oldest post) as a sticky at the top of the replies.

An example would be when forum is used to manage meeting minutes. Each major point of the minutes is a topic. It would be nice to sometimes have the first post in a topic (which contains the official point from the meeting minutes, as a sticky, with working responses following below - newest at top, but under the sticky 1st post. Fussy eh!
I suggested to them that having a conventional 'oldest first' ordering would be the best compromise.

Anyway, I hope I have embarrassed myself by the feature being present, as suggested.

... aaah, I see you guys are fast typists, and are already way ahead of me - thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by anth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #12 by sozzled
I'm sorry, anth. I goofed and I've admitted my mistake. fxstein has a handle on this subject. Short answer to your question is that we need to do some work on this to achieve the result in the way you've described.

If I were using Kunena to keep manage a standing agenda for a series of meetings, I would create separate discussion topics - the first item in each topic would describe the agenda item - and the following postings would relate to it. If a discussion fragments, or needs to be split into a new agenda item, K 1.6 has a "split" feature that allows you to move a post (and subsequent replies) to a new topic. That's just my idea. fxstein may have a better idea.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 9 months ago #13 by fxstein
No worries.

The feature does not exist - not fully at least. We have built in a feature in the datamodel that supports what you describe:

Create sticky posts within a topic - no matter how you order the thread.

That way you would have to manually - or with an option automatically, set the first post of a thread (the oldest) as a sticky, and then show the thread in newest first ordering.

It would also allow for multiple stikies within a single thread for e.g. the best answers or best contributions to be lifted up on top of the list on page 1.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds