Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question The great "How to change the word Karma" discussion

More
14 years 3 months ago #21 by Matias
Yes, it should work. :)

Just remember to skip the capital letters inside the first quote define('_KUNENA_FOO_BAR', .., they are for Kunena itself and are used to find the translations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #22 by OurIslamic
Thanks, it worked for me :).

More
14 years 3 months ago #23 by Elma
I think something just changed cause I just did this all and well... Changed every karma I could find in something else. Well... it's still 'karma' on the site.

Anyone has an update for me? ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #24 by OurIslamic
After the upgrade, the karma is not being changed to reputation anymore. Look on OurIslamic.com

It stays as "karma" even though I changed every instance of karma to "reputation". This happened when I upgraded from 1.5.6 to 1.5.8

I'm going to:

components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php

Why isn't it working?

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 1 week ago #25 by sozzled
OurIslamic wrote:

After the upgrade ... Why isn't it working?

Yeah, well, you've answered your own question. As I said in answer to another question you've asked about karma ( Removal of Smite? ), if you want to go tinkering about with the Kunena source code, that's your problem.

People ask us all the time "how do I change Kunena to do this or that?" - and we show them how - and then, when they upgrade, they wonder why they have to do those changes again? If you change a Joomla extension and you use the standard Joomla installation procedure then, chances are, the installation will overwrite any customised code changes you may have made to your older version. If you want to preserve the customisations, you'll have to do them all over again. That's the way it works.

You may think that you can overcome this problem by only copying other files from the installation kit into you installation. Wrong. You can't always do that either because the developers sometimes need to change a lot of files when a new version is released in order for everything to work together.

In your case, you changed the file ../administrator/components/com_kunena/language/engish.php (which is where the term "karma" is defined). Then you upgraded Kunena. Guess what? The upgrade overwrote your file with a new version. That's what happens. You'll have to make all your changes again. Sorry. :(
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #26 by OurIslamic
I know that it overwrote the file. Now, why can't I change it now?

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #27 by sozzled
The solution, as Matias wrote earlier (and described many times before in this forum if you had bothered to search for the information) is this:

Edit the file ..administrator/components/com_kunena/language/english.php, find all occurrences that look like this:

DEFINE ('_KUNENA_USRL_KARMA','Karma');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ADMIN_CONFIG_USERLIST_KARMA','Show Karma');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ADMIN_CONFIG_USERLIST_KARMA_DESC','');
DEFINE('_COM_A_KARMA', 'Show Karma indicator');
DEFINE('_COM_A_KARMA_DESC', 'Set to "Yes" to show user karma and related buttons (increase / decrease) if the user stats are activated.');

(there these are just the first few ... there are lots more) and change them like this (I've highlighted the change in red)

DEFINE ('_KUNENA_USRL_KARMA','Reputation');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ADMIN_CONFIG_USERLIST_KARMA','Show Reputation');
DEFINE('_KUNENA_ADMIN_CONFIG_USERLIST_KARMA_DESC','');
DEFINE('_COM_A_KARMA', 'Show Reputation indicator');
DEFINE('_COM_A_KARMA_DESC', 'Set to "Yes" to show user reputation and related buttons (increase / decrease) if the user stats are activated.');

Do you understand what you have to do? :S

Like I've said many times before: I don't even bother with "karma" (or "reputation" or "rewards points" or "how-much-better-or-worse-I-am-than-anyone-else-indicator" or whatever you want to call it) because it's a lot more trouble that it's worth. But that's only my opinion.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 2 months ago #28 by OurIslamic
Yeah, I understand, and thanks for the examples.

The only reason I'm even changing Karma is because I'm running an Islamic forum ( OurIslamic.com ). Karma is related to Buddhism and I just want to make sure that no one gets offended when going to the forum, which is why I want to change the word to reputation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #29 by z0z0
OurIslamic wrote:
I'm going to:

components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php

Why isn't it working?[/quote]

Did you put it into

ADMINISTRATOR/components/com_kunena/language/kunena.english.php ?

The folder is now called administrator and not administration

More
14 years 1 week ago #30 by fishing_in_israel
I searched and found:
docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_I_can_change_the_name_Karma%3F

But the page is empty.
How can I change the word 'Karma' in 'My Profile'?

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds