Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question How to assign a moderator to my Kunena forum

More
13 years 11 months ago #21 by sozzled
Matias wrote:

I believe that he searched his new moderator and assigned him/her to be a moderator (=Yes).

Which is basically what I wrote earlier in this discussion (although I also mentioned the difference between global moderators and specific forum moderators). But that isn't what Cerberus is saying. Cerberus says you only have to assign the rank to make someone a moderator. Very puzzling! :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #22 by b0n40
Hello,
I have a problem assigning moderators to kunena :(... If you want I can open a new thread ?
So i tried everything you are mentioning here- moderator (=Yes), selecting sections, categories, forums, with/without selecting rank but it is just not working :(
very weird...
Kunena User Profile Manager shows Moderator status =No
also when i try to change mine or somebody else ranks(special rank) it is not working...

Kunena 1.5.12
Joomla! 1.5.20
PHP Version: 5.2.10

:( Please Help

Thank You
Best Regards!

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #23 by sozzled
G'day, b0n40. It's unfortunate that this thread became convoluted and confusing.

Simple: Assigning a moderator to a forum has nothing to do with their rank! Do not assign the rank of moderator to someone that you want to act as a moderator. Leave their rank as "no rank assigned". That's it. No matter what was written elsewhere in this thread, the trying to use Rank Title = Moderator will not work to assign a user account to have moderator privileges in the forum.

You assign an user account to be a moderator of your forum using the User Administration facility - unfortunately there isn't an article in the Wiki that describes how you do it. :(

I will repeat what I wrote before about the concepts of category moderator and global moderator - it's important to understand that there is a difference:

There are two types of moderators: those who are assigned to specific moderated categories and those who are "global moderators" who have moderator privileges across all categories in the forum.

Let's say you have a category in your forum called "General/Locked Forum" and you've set this category with Moderated = Yes. You do that with the Forum Administration facility.

Let's say that you want to assign a user account to be a moderator of this category (and only this category). See the following image that shows you what you need to use in the User Administration facility.

To assign a user as a global moderator, use the same approach (set Is Moderator = Yes) but do not select any category.

It's actually quite easy. It's just difficult for me to explain it. :)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #24 by b0n40
Hey Sozzled,
thanks for this grate explanation about selecting moderators in Kunena :). I thought for selecting a global moderator i should pick all the categories... 10x for explaining.

But still i cant make my users moderators... may be you can take a look?
if you need more information ?
I had made some of my users moderators, but that was long time ago, and now it is not working.
Is it possible to be some kind of conflict with another extension ?(im just guessing)

Thank you for your help :)
Best Regards!
I just Sync with all options. And nothing changed.
+Also when im trying to change for example my own (special)rank from Kunena User manager, it doesn't change.
I can't change user signature from kunena user manager...
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by b0n40.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25 by sozzled

b0n40 wrote: But still i cant make my users moderators

There are at lest two ways that I could interpret this statement:

(1) When you use the User Administration facility, and you select a user to assign as a moderator, when you set Is Moderator = Yes (and save the change) the setting is not applied. That's one possible reading of the question. In other words, are you saying that there is a problem with the procedure that assigns a moderator?

(2) The procedure of setting a moderator works but the users you have assigned to moderate your forum (or specific categories in your forum) do not have moderator privileges. Is this what you are asking? In this case, look again at the forum categories and verify that your categories are set Moderated = Yes.

I think we need to understand what is the specific problem here. I don't understand how the Synchronize Users facility has become involved in this discussion. :dry:

There may be other problems that you may want to ask us about, but for the benefit of other people, can we please remain focussed on this one. How to assign a moderator to your forum. What I'm trying to do is answer that question and to explain the process. If we're agreed that the process is correct, then that's where the thread should stop. If you're having a problem with the process that's probably a new topic.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #26 by b0n40

sozzled wrote: (1) When you use the User Administration facility, and you select a user to assign as a moderator, when you set Is Moderator = Yes (and save the change) the setting is not applied. That's one possible reading of the question. In other words, are you saying that there is a problem with the procedure that assigns a moderator?

Exactly my problem. I posted in this one, cos i need it to be sure im not doing something wrong.:unsure:
I will open a new topic. Link
sozzled, again Thanks for ur help :)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by b0n40.

Time to create page: 0.772 seconds