Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question registed users only message

More
13 years 5 months ago #11 by chicaloca
ahh ok thanks hadnt realised there was a newer version. i've changed some of the icons etc in the version i'm using, would i have to do this again in the updated one? I'll have an attempt at upgrading soon :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #12 by sozzled
Although a little off-topic. K 1.5.12 is not the latest version of Kunena. It is the last version publicly available for the K 1.5 series but there is a newer and completely different version now available - Kunena 1.6. You have probably seen a lot of discussions about this newer version.

We encourage Kunena users to adopt K 1.6. Before you consider K 1.6 for your needs, please use a test site to see if you have any issues upgrading to this newer version. The newer version contains many fixes for problems that were encountered in K 1.5 - some of those problems could not be fixed without overhauling a lot of the Kunena "engine" and some other things involved a restructuring of the database.

With nearly 100,000 website now using K 1.6 (and the number growing daily) it's clear that the community has accepted K 1.6 as the way forward. You can also look ahead, with confidence, to a brighter, better, more reliable future by doing as most people are now doing ... K 1.6! ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago #13 by chicaloca
just before i look into upgrading, ive made some changes to my current version, inclusing changing the tabs colour etc. will i have to do this in 1.5.12?if not would be easy to do again? i'll look into 1.6 also at some point :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #14 by sozzled
K 1.5.13 is the last version for the K 1.5.x series. Now that K 1.6.1 has been released development team support for K 1.5.x is extremely limited.

Your question is basically, "Can I upgrade K 1.5.11 to K 1.5.13 and still keep my customised changes?" Basically, the answer is yes but it depends on where you stored your customised changes. If you changed the default_ex template and saved your changes into that template folder then you will lose those changes with the upgrade (but you can always replace those files you changed from a backup copy after the upgrade). But the big problem with K 1.5.x series is that the template contains a mixture of PHP and CSS and the maintenance releases for K 1.5.x often changed the PHP code. If you use a template designed for an older version of Kunena you may have functionality problems.

This last problem that I mentioned has mostly been overcome by the new approach used in Kunena 1.6. This is, perhaps, one of most significant benefits of using K 1.6: customised changes can be retained from one version to the next.

The answer to your question "Can I upgrade K 1.5.11 to K 1.5.13 and still keep my customised changes?" should be yes ... but it depends on the changes you made and how you went about making them.

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds