Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic] Can we delete all posts by a user?

More
13 years 9 months ago #11 by sozzled
Hang on a second: are we talking literally hundreds of posts or even one hundred or maybe only a dozen? Before we go tearing off into the great wilderness of SQL database tampering, let's put this problem into some kind of perspective and, for goodness sake, let's not over-react!

I've merged this topic with one another one that took place only a couple of days ago and, in that case, we were able to reassure the user that there are a few painless remedies that he could use. I think you will find those ideas useful to you.

Spammers, generally, do not post "hundreds of posts" at the one time, nor do they usually create hundreds of new discussion topics ... well, not unless you make it really easy for them to do it, anyway. ;)

But, let me state, in a clear and firm manner, we do not recommend to our users to mess with their SQL database. See How To Destroy your forum data...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #12 by Reincha
yes at that time there were about 600 spam posts. this spam was just a bunch of random letters with no real links to any site. We had to get rid of them fast. splited between few of us and deleted one by one... today again one spammer posted 80posts at night before we noticed. deleting one by one is a nightmare. we have to have sme option to delete all user posts.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Reincha.

More
13 years 9 months ago #13 by Cerberus
This feature is availible in K1.6 but wont be availble in k1.5 unless someone makes a hack to do this or you install an anti spam registration plugin LIKE ( registration validator 2 (availible on JED)) then you can block certain email domains that are known to be used by spammers and even IPs.

quote: The best way to stop spam is to stop them bein able to register to start with - Cerberus

More
13 years 9 months ago #14 by sozzled

Reincha wrote: today again one spammer posted 80posts at night before we noticed.

How did you allow this to happen? Do you allow non-registered users to post at your forum? Do you allow users to self-register or do you check/verify who is registering at your site? Are these postings all coming from a similar IP address? Are you monitoring your traffic? Do you have flood protection in place at your website - this is a Kunena configuration setting.

There are literally hundreds of counter-measures you can take to prevent this spam from happening.

However, I agree with you, that it's a pain having to delete posts one by one. But it's not so difficult deleting several spam topics at the same time ... even in K 1.5.12. B)

So, if you don't do anything to stop the spam at the source then you're still going to have ongoing moderation work to do.

If you would like one of us to look at your website to see if we can make some specific recommendations, please send me a PM.

Good luck.

More
13 years 8 months ago #15 by themoneytank
Hi

Im just starting to get some problems with my kunena forum, i keep getting random people joining and then adding a load of gobbledegook posts which are just a collection of letters with links in between advertising links to home insurance.

Is there a way i can;

A; avoid these people joining the forum/get the system to recognise what their doing so they cant post, or maybe disable new posters putting links on the forum?

and

B; How can i delete every post from this user at once? I disabled him as a user but he has 12 posts there, and i had the same problem last week with another user. I can see this could become very time consuming if i dont sort it out :(

Thanks

Sally

More
13 years 8 months ago #16 by themoneytank
Hi

Have i posted this in the right section? Just wondered cause there were 44 people viewing the forum but noone seems to have seen this, wanted to find an answer out ASAP before my forum gets inundated with spam! Dont know if there is a way i can ask Kunena directly?

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #17 by sozzled
G'day, Sally, and welcome to Kunena.

As you see, I have merged your messages with others on the same subject. There are a lot of good suggestions in this discussion topic: suggestions about how to stop spam getting into your website in the first place and suggestions about what to do after you get spam postings.

If you have any specific questions on these suggestions then we're more than happy to try to help answer them as best we can. :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: themoneytank

More
13 years 8 months ago #18 by themoneytank
Thank you for that, i will have a good look through and see what i can work out from it all :)

Time to create page: 0.777 seconds