Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Links to latest post are ending up on the last page of the thread

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #21 by seppi
Just a remark:

I had to recognize that I have the same problem now on this forum here ( www.kunena.com ) as well. :(

I have set my profile to "latest post first" and after transmitting my last entry I was forwarded automatically back to the threat.

BUT I ended up on the the page with the first entry, not the page with the latest entry.
This is exactly what I was seeing with my own Kunena installation.

Regards
Seppi
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by seppi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #22 by sozzled
G'day, seppi, and welcome back. Thank you for replying with an update on the situation. :)

I understand that you are running J! 1.5.20, K 1.5.12, default_ex template, user preference set to "Latest post first".

As I understand it, the main problem that you're having when you post new messages with these settings? In your case, after you've posted a new message, you are returned to the last page of messages which contain the first posts. Is that correct?

More
13 years 8 months ago #23 by seppi
Hi Sozzled

Yes, you summary is basically correct.

It however depends, where you click ... some links are actually working fine - some are not.

BTW: The link I just got in the notification-email from kunena.com did also lead me to the wrong page.
I ended up on the top entry of the last page, where (at the bottom) the very first post of this threat is.

One thing I was thinking of is the following:
This setting to show the last post first is a user-setting.
Could it be, that some links are not considering that and are still using the general settings to select the page (aka the last page of the threat) and then the user-setting is just applied on that page? (the newest post on that page)
I'm not a programmer, but that could explain why I'm ending up at the top of the last page.

Regards
Seppi

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #24 by sozzled
I have discussed this matter with the developers and it appears that there is a problem using the "Latest Post First" user preference. Thank you for reporting this matter. This appears to be a problem with K 1.5.12 and it may need to be fixed in a later maintenance release.

In the meantime there is not a lot that we can do about this problem as far as K 1.5.12 is concerned. Our advice is to use "First Post First" as a workaround. This preference is not known to cause any issues like the ones you have described.

I have also updated K 1.5.12 - Known Issues as a result of this topic, for the benefit of other users.

As far as your report of problems with this site are concerned, the developers have been working to fix a number of defects/bugs with K 1.6 RC1 and they are quietly confident that the problems you have mentioned in your last message will be fixed ... at least as far as K 1.6 is concerned. :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #25 by ashishb01
Hi,

The posts in my Kunena 1.5 topics are coming in the descending order of posted time. That is the last post is coming on Top and the first post in coming in the bottom.

I want to reverse the order. Any ideas how to do this??

More
13 years 5 months ago #26 by xillibit
Hello,

In in your profile you can change the post order or in the kunena configuration panel, you have a setting to set the order globally (= for all users).

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 5 months ago #27 by sozzled

xillibit wrote: ... you have a setting to set the order globally (= for all users).

... and, I think, users can individually override this across-the-board setting if they don't like it.

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds