Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Links to latest post are ending up on the last page of the thread

More
13 years 10 months ago #11 by seppi
Hi Cerberus

I downloaded the 1.6 alpha and added it on my new installation of yesterday (actually I migrated the 1.5.11 installation).

The issue actually did also appear there :-(

BTW: Thanks for the site-reviews.
At the moment this doesn't help.

Regards
Seppi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #12 by sozzled
seppi: you're certainly welcome to give K 1.6 alpha a try, as a test of course, to see if this problem occurs on your hosted environment. Perhaps this is one of those things that can't be fixed in K 1.5?

I've just been having a long chat with the development team about various technical problems that I've had and we've come to the same conclusion: because of the different environments that we're all using it's simply impossible for us to reproduce every error situation that's possible. Everyone is different ... vive la différance!

More
13 years 10 months ago #13 by Matias
If you had the same issue in K1.6, please report your finding in our K1.6 category, too. It makes our devs easier to look into the problem and try to fix it.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #14 by karimlo
Hi, I looked for a link to try to re-order the posts to have recent posts show on the top, but I cannot seem to find it.
Can anybody help?

I feel that it is more productive to have the latest posts in a thread show on the top so that "users" do not have to go navigate to the last page to read the latest participation. As an example, when I come here look for an answer, even after months I still see the same messages all over again, and I have to go and look for the last page all the time to see the updates. It would be much more useful to have the latest responses at the top ready. Don't you think?

Am I alone on this one?

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by @quila. Reason: Capital letters

More
13 years 8 months ago #15 by xillibit
Hello,

look in your profile, you have something nammed forum settings and you have just to change the message order.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 8 months ago #16 by @quila
Hi, yes we can help if you provide more informations, like what kunena version you are using, what kunena template you are using, ......

P.S. Please dont use CAPITAL letters for subject, thank you.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #17 by karimlo
I use Kunena Version: 1.5.12
I use the default Kunena Template.
At this stage, until I know everything is working fine, I don't think I would risk any older or newer version of Kunana... and I don't think there are great templates yet to give a shot to.

Thanks xillibit for the answer. I will give it a try, but wold that mean that I only can change what I see under my account as a user or will that apply to all the user if I do it as an admin?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by karimlo.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #18 by sozzled
This question has been answered more times than I think should be necessary.

There are two factors you need to consider:
  1. The ordering of the posts is dependent on a user-by-user setting (in you profile: last post first or first-post-first); this is the first and most important setting
  2. For K 1.5, you need to be using the default_ex template ... not the default template (or the default_gray, default_green or default_red or many of the user-contributed templates that have been submitted here over the past 15 months or more) because they don't work as far as honouring the message ordering preferences set by user.
Unfortunately, we'll probably have to keep reminding people that they can search for these these commonly-asked (and answered) questions.

K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #19 by karimlo

sozzled wrote: This question has been answered more times than I think should be necessary.

It's okay. Please lose the attitude.

If Kunena forum search feature was working well and giving me the results, I wouldn't even take time to login and post and have to wait for an answer. This is already a waste of time...

But thanks for answering again. I appreciate you taking the time to post. Also, I have the only template that came by default. default_ex.

I saw that there is a setup feature in the profile, but it lists the threads (the most recent first or the oldest first. However, once you click on the thread, then you have to look for page ONE MILLION FIVE THOUSAND to get to the most recent post. I want (as an admin to my website) impose a one default forum order. Than if users want to go through hell to find a post, then it is their problem. So far, I am trying to migrate from SMF ( which for me is the best forum system ever...) but they didn't want to make it a native Joomla forum. That is the choice we all are making to get Kunena be the best as well.

Your support page is very generic. It will work for people who are new to forums and are trying to implement a forum for the first time.

As a webmaster, I have other websites with BB, V Bulletin and SMF. I think Kunena team should go there and really learn from those powerful systems with those sophisticated, yet very very friendly features for both admins and users. I want to use Kunena very bad, but by experience, a forum would look as good as you want, if it is not practical your users will have an exodus...

Also, moderators of SMF have a lot to teach when it comes to attitude. Take a look when you have time...
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by karimlo.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #20 by seppi
Hi all

Sorry for the long time, I haven't looked into this.
Due to military service and vacation this issue had to wait (and my users have to wait for it).

@Mathias:
I really was not sure, if this is a Kunena-Issue or if it might related with my provider - therefore I didn't log in the K1.6 section.

@all:
I have updated to Kunena 1.5.12 (and also Joomla to 1.5.20) and did some more tests.
I had one interesting finding.

1. I tried first with the user-setting "first post first".
There everything is fine - all the links work as I would expect it.

2. I then changed to "latest post first"
I have still seen the problem, but I have found some different behaviour.

If I go to the "recent topic" tab of Kunena (I have a german version, so not 100% if the exact english name is correct) I see the link to the "latest entry".
This one is actually working fine and looks like this:
Code:
http://<domain>/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=38&func=view&catid=3&id=40#533

Now I change to the "categories" tab I see also the threat listed.
In the table exist a column called "latest entry" where I see the following link:
Code:
http://<domain>/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=38&func=view&catid=3&id=40&limit=10&limitstart=380#533

I highlight here the difference between these two links, as the second one is NOT working properly.
&limit=10&limitstart=380
This additional references seem to make the difference.
I actually figured out that exactly the same link (containing this "limit"-stuff) is also provided in the "Latest Post Module", which also there doesn't lead to the right page.

I then tried to add a new entry and after doing so you get presented two links; "back to post" and "back to forum".
At least in 1.5.12 this one is working and looks like this:
Code:
http://<domain>/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=38&func=view&catid=3&id=40#534

If you look at the link it's no surprise - it's pretty much the same link as the first one above.

Last thing I checked is the Email-Link you get, when you have subscribed to a topic.
This link looks like this:
Code:
http://<domain>/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=38&func=view&catid=3&id=40&limit=10&limitstart=380#534

If you see that, you will not be surprised that this link again leads to the wrong page, as it is again the same format as above.

Does this help someone to figure out, what's going on?
As there are some links that actually do work, I tend to conclude that after all this is indeed an issue with Kunena. Still, I'm not a programmer and don't really know.

Thanks in advance
Seppi
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by seppi.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds