Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question [Merged topic] The great, frequently-asked, "I cannot create a new thread in my forum" question

More
13 years 11 months ago #51 by HenryRO
No, i have the dutch language file, this works on the other domain correctly.

Have you tried reinstalling kunena from the zip archive?
Yes i have de-installed the component and also delete the fb tables. So i started a new clean installation.

What version of joomla are you using ?
PHP gebouwd op: FreeBSD wh-www5.xs4all.nl 4.10-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE-p2 #0: Wed i386
Databaseversie: 5.0.51a-24-log
Database collatie: utf8_general_ci
PHP versie: 5.2.6
Webserver: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
Webserver naar PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! versie: Joomla! 1.5.14 DutchJoomla! Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Naiki ] 30-July-2009 23:00 GMT

Do you have any special templates installed ? if so have you tried with the default_ex and rhuk_milkway templates.
I work with a selfmade Artisteer template, the same on the other domain,. so that cannot be the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #52 by Cerberus
HenryRO wrote:

No, i have the dutch language file, this works on the other domain correctly.

try using the english language file, and see if you get thew same ewrrors

Have you tried reinstalling kunena from the zip archive?
Yes i have de-installed the component and also delete the fb tables. So i started a new clean installation.

ok good

What version of joomla are you using ?
PHP gebouwd op: FreeBSD wh-www5.xs4all.nl 4.10-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE-p2 #0: Wed i386
Databaseversie: 5.0.51a-24-log
Database collatie: utf8_general_ci
PHP versie: 5.2.6
Webserver: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7d
Webserver naar PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! versie: Joomla! 1.5.14 DutchJoomla! Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Naiki ] 30-July-2009 23:00 GMT

upgrade to version 1.5.17 as your version is no longer supported

Do you have any special templates installed ? if so have you tried with the default_ex and rhuk_milkway templates.
I work with a selfmade Artisteer template, the same on the other domain,. so that cannot be the problem.

so the answer is yes test using the DEFAULT templates as stated above as they are the only supported templates.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 11 months ago #53 by HenryRO
Thanks for the quick answer!
I shall try test these things this evening or tomorrow morning.
But the same actual combination J.version, language and template works perfect on the other domain... I post asap the results.

More
13 years 11 months ago #54 by xillibit
Can you please give a link to you site with a test account here or by MP ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 11 months ago #55 by HenryRO
The english version gives the same problem.
But the test with the standard template gives a positiv result.
It works with the standard template!
But now is the question how can it give a problem on this domain.
I can practical not use the standard template.

More
13 years 11 months ago #56 by Cerberus
compare the standard template and your custom one using something like " winmerge " and see if you can spot the difference and then maybe find the fault. :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #57 by HenryRO
Yes i can mail you the adress with a testaccount
mail me your adress and i reply it with the data.

More
13 years 11 months ago #58 by HenryRO
It's terrible that the same situation on my other testdomain (another provider) gives no problems with the own (and same) template.
No idea what makes the problem?

More
13 years 11 months ago #59 by Cerberus
you changed your version of kunena, thats maybe wat did it i guess there a change in the css to what you had before.

More
13 years 11 months ago #60 by sozzled
I have looked at the way this discussion has lurched back and forth with no clear indication of what lies at the source of the problem. There is a simple answer that is contained here: K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first. New users would save themselves a lot of time and trouble if they familiarise themselves with this. I'm willing to bet that the problem exists because the user only has sections and no categories. You can't make a new thread if you don't have categories.

But there are many other possibilities, also.

The short answer is that Kunena works, out-of-the box without any modifications or changes to the configuration settings. As soon as you change those conditions, that's when problems occur.

At the heart of many "problems" that are reported is the fact that most of the time they're the result of what happens when the user changes something.

The standard template default_ex works. I understand that the design may not perfectly suit every website but I think it's unfair to dismiss it and claim that it's not practical! Would you rather have a part of your website look attractive or would you rather that it worked?

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds