Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic] The great, frequently-asked, "I cannot create a new thread in my forum" question

More
14 years 2 months ago #21 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:New thread icon link
Hello,

Can you precise your question because it's hard to understand ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #22 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:New thread icon link
I understand the question. Yes, it's quite confusing for new users of Kunena - I'm not talking about website managers, I'm talking about the everyday, non technically-minded users - knowing where to go to start posting new messages. This difficulty has been with Kunena even before Kunena existed ... way back in the old days of Fireboard! :side:

According to the information posted in A few Kunena 1.6 Screenshots , K 1.6 will have a "New Topic" tab. I presume this answers taiklan's question. :)

More
14 years 2 months ago #23 by taiklan
Replied by taiklan on topic Re:New thread icon link
Hi Sozzled

The new version of Kunena indeed sounds promising, but I have a near deadline on a project I can't wait weeks until this is released. What can be done in the meantime??

Thanks for your help

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #24 by crazycashbonuses
Hi,

I am new to kuena, it seems like a cool component.
However I am stuck as I cannot craete a new tread or else I don't know how.

How can a customer create a new thread. I would be very happy if someone could assist me on this.

I have already set uo the configuration to allow customers to create a topic or a thread.

Help needed!

Thanks in advance,

CCB
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #25 by sozzled
G'day and welcome to the Forum. May I ask, have you made any changes at all to the default parameter settings? Please read Kunena Configuration .

Straight out-of-the-box you should have not problems creating new discussion topics or posting messages. It's when people change the parameter settings ... that's when things come unstuck. The documentation Wiki has a lot of information for beginners, including a very basic help page for people who may never have used a forum before. However, as you have successfully created a new topic in this forum you have shown that you know the basics.

Before your customers can create new threads, you must set up your discussion forums. Kunena comes with one already built in. Information on how to create discussion forums is also provided in the Wiki. Please see How to create Categories, Forums and Subforums .

I agree with you, the location of the means to create a new thread isn't obvious. This will change with the next major release (K 1.6). In the meantime, you may find this discussion topic helpful (or more confusing, depending on how you look at it): How to post to forum .

I hope you don't mind that I changed your subject.

More
14 years 1 month ago #26 by crazycashbonuses
Hey!!!

I managed thank you very much for your help.

Kuena seems like an amazing tool for forums/community.

Maybe you can help me with another questions. I need to change some of the text I used firebug but I could not manage to make any ammendments. Does kuena has it's own HTML editor?

Once again I thank you for your assistance!

CCB :laugh:

More
14 years 1 month ago #27 by sozzled
crazycashbonuses wrote:

I need to change some of the text I used firebug but I could not manage to make any ammendments.

Have you got a specific question? Please use another category (I think Templates and Design would be a good place) or search our forums for possible answers.

crazycashbonuses wrote:

Does kunena has it's own HTML editor?

Answered earlier today, see A question about some essential board options

More
14 years 1 month ago #28 by interworld
For some reasons I am unable to post New Threads in some categories only, even though settings on all of them are exactly the same. It may be some basic configuration that I am missing as I am new in this...

Just to show you what I mean exactly:
- My website address is: greencleaningassociation.com/

- There are seven categories in the forum.
- Only in two of those categories (1)General Talk & 2)Cleaning Equipment and Supplies) registered users (my settings are to view to everyone but allow to post to registered users) are able to POST NEW THREADS.
- On all other categories, new thread option is absent. Only MARK AS READ exists and it looks different.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Jon.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #29 by sozzled
G'day and welcome to the forum.

What have you done to your forum?! :ohmy: It looks like you've abandoned the default_ex Kunena template in favour of using your Joomla style. OK, let's start with the basics: go to your Kunena configuration parameters and change Use Joomla style = No. Please read Configuration Tips in the Wiki.

Have you made any other changes? :S

More
14 years 1 month ago #30 by interworld
Thanks for the super fast reply!

I have changed the template to Kunena default_ex. I do like the overall look but is there any way I can change the color and fonts? Also, doing so did not fix my issue. Currently I am going through Wiki instructions and hopefully this will fix it. I will keep you posted.

As far as the other changes, not sure what you referring to?

Jon.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds