Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question [Merged topic] The great, frequently-asked, "I cannot create a new thread in my forum" question

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:How to post to forum
You can help your users if you write a "help page" - create one as a Joomla article taking note of the article ID - and then, make the following changes to the following Kunena Configuration » Frontend settings:
  • Enable Help Page = yes
  • Show help In Kunena = yes
  • Help Content ID = <article ID>
For an example of what you might put in your help page, have a look at www.enduring.com.au/40P_demo/forum?func=faq

As far as your other questions are concerned

Is there anyway to make posting more visable ... or reduce the number of levels?

the best suggestion I can make is for you to look at what other people have done and experiment yourself.

Good luck B)
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #12 by sathbob
hi i am beginner . i just installed latest version with joomla.
i unable to find newtopic button. so i cannot create new threads pl help me in this issue
Attachments:

More
14 years 5 months ago #13 by xillibit
Hello,

Like is displayed on your page(There are no forums in ths category) , you need to create forums in your category to have the possiility to post new threads.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #14 by qwickmalik
Hi. Installed Kunena a few days ago on a site and I'm having trouble starting a new topic. The "New Thread" button does not show even when I log in with the super administrator account. Any help?

Thanx
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged from several discussion; changed subject to improve search relevance

More
14 years 3 months ago #15 by xillibit
Hello,

Do you using fireboard or Kunena 1.0.11 ? If it's the case, i advise you to migrate to kunena 1.5.6/1.5.7

More
14 years 3 months ago #16 by vburshteyn
Replied by vburshteyn on topic new threads
Hi folks,
Thanks in advance.

So this is kind of embarrassing to ask but i cant find a way to have NEW THREAD button to come up.

Forum works but i cant post new items to it.

Any idea what stupid thing i am missing?

More
14 years 3 months ago #17 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re:new threads
Hello,

you need to create forums in your categories : docs.kunena.com/index.php/How_to_create_...Forums_and_Subforums

More
14 years 2 months ago #18 by jeromystevens
Hello,

This is my first time using Kunena on a site. I installed it yesterday however when I try and create a new thread it does not work. It will bring you to the editor where you create your thread. I hit the submit button after I create it and it never shows up in the forum.

I've checked the admin area to see if I can find a setting where it is supposed to be approved first but I cant find anything like that.

I really need help with this and any input would be greatly appreciated. The forum is located at www.nexus-nation.com/nexus-nation-forum

More
14 years 2 months ago #19 by sozzled
Could you post any messages before you deleted the sample messages ("Welcome Mat" and "Suggestion Box")?

Normally, Kunena works straight-out-of-the-box, i.e. without having to do anything. The question then is this: what changes have you made?

More
14 years 2 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #20 by taiklan
Hi

Is it possible to have the "New thread" button in the "Recent Discussion" page?

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Topic closed

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds