Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for JomSocial or its related products. For JomSocial support you should visit JomSocial .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use JomSocial with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of JomSocial.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged Show Kunena post images in JomSocial activity walls

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #11 by sozzled

tarekitsme wrote: i just checked the link you gave us and so far i am truly depressed by how you guys kinda stopped aka dropped supporting and developing plugins for jomsocial ,,this is really not cool from your part to be honest,,i believe you are offering a high quality of a forum extension and for free but as matter of fact we as users and site owners need this ,and most of joomla sites are using Kunena ,,this is not a good start for a the upcoming jomsocial 3.0 ,,what can i say guys,,this is your choice ,,i wish it was another choice ,,, and i am also afraid to turn your forum extension to a commercial one which it will be another shocking news for us << i include myself in that category

There were a number of reasons why the Kunena team took the difficult decision to no longer provide ongoing maintenance for things like JomSocial.

(1) There's no financial reward to the Kunena project.
(2) JomSocial is not our "core business"; JomSocial is a commercial extension for Joomla and, while it may be in the financial (or other) interests of the JomSocial project to provide a seamless inteface between their product and Kunena, the place where this can best be done is by the JomSocial team who possess the skill and the technical expertise to keep their product up-to-date so that their product interoperates with Kunena. While it is undoubtedly in the interests of the Kunena project to be able to showcase the ability of the forum to interoperate with other Joomla extensions (and JomSocial is just one among many Joomla extensions that are popular among members of this community who choose to use it), this website does not use JomSocial and, therefore, there is not the same incentive to keep such things up-to-date when we have no use for them here.
(3) The Kunena team is small and the ongoing development work is undertaken by a handful of unpaid volunteers who derive no financial benefit from what thousands of user can download and use for free. There are more pressing issues that we're concerned with at this time. Look at the extensive range of features that Kunena has and the plans we have to enhance Kunena in the near future.

In respect of people's concerns that Kunena may be transformed into a commercial Joomla extension, we have no plans to do anything like. Our reward is the satisfaction in knowing that the project has delivered a range of software products that have been downloaded (for free) over 3 million times and that Kunena forums exist on over half-a-million websites around the world. For all of this work, the team's efforts have not been adequately compensated. The main cost in providing the services that people can enjoy within this community is the cost of the server. These costs are offset by the advertising that you see on this page. It would be good to reward those who support the work that we do by clicking the advertising banners or, if you feel generous, to donate money directly to the team.

There are other ways that people can contribute to the work we do. Volunteering to join the team as developers, to assist with the difficult job of moderation, or to assist with documentation ... help in all of these areas helps us all.

The notes at the top of this page clearly state that this category exists for the benefit of all members of this community to share their knowledge and experience with third-party extensions (like JomSocial) but please remember that this forum is not a replacement for the information that people can obtain directly from the developer's website.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tarekitsme

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #12 by Earthson
I personally would be willing to pay for Kunena. If it meant we'd get full support for plugins for Jomsocial, that would be worth the fee right there! Quality extensions like this are well worth the money. :)

Ads have been clicked :)
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Earthson.

More
10 years 9 months ago #13 by tarekitsme
thanks a lot for this great reply from your part, yes i feel you guys and i know how hard it can get when it is about developing a component and make it work like a charm,,,yes guys you're doing a great job and we support you guys, maybe we dont say that directly but we support you ,because we respect you and respect the quality of your service , keep it up guys , i wish i was a developer, i wish i was to be honest so i can get into these kind of projects,,what i can say for you is i wish you the best luck with more success , keep it up ,

We are the Bridge and the Road of your needs UnsignedBlast

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds