Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Untranslated Strings

More
7 years 11 months ago #1 by richardcail
I am using Joomla 3.5.1 and Kunena 4.0.10 and Jomsocial 4.1.3

I am seeing a lot of untranslated strings in both the front and back ends of Kunena. I only have the English language pack loaded and set as the default. I have downloaded the latest version of your Kunena Language package from your download page but when I try to install it, I get an error message saying that there are no files to install - and the untranslated strings are still there.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

Richard Cail
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Untranslated Strings

I have downloaded the latest version of your Kunena Language package from your download page but when I try to install it, I get an error message saying that there are no files to install - and the untranslated strings are still there.

You require the language package only, if you have others languages on your page installed. The english language will already installed with Kunena. Maybe some files are corrupt. Install Kunena again and afterwards empty the Joomla cache.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3 by richardcail
Replied by richardcail on topic Untranslated Strings
Thank you for your help. I have re-installed the software and cleared the cache but I am still seeing the same problem. Do you have any other possible solutions?

Thank you.

More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by richardcail
I still have the problem of untranslated strings appearing instead of the real text or buttons. I have upgraded to the latest 5.0.0. version of Kunena and cleared the cache with no success. I attach a screen shot of the admin panel within Joomla but it also occurs on the web site as well. Some help would be very gratefully received.

Thank you
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #5 by rich
Unzip and copy this file to the folder "administrator/components/com_kunena/language/en-GB". Then check if it's alright.
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #6 by richardcail
Thank you for your help. I loaded the file in the correct directory but unfortunately it has not helped. In fact, I now get a fatal error message when loading the forum on the site. I am attaching screen grabs of the one of the Kunena administration screens and the fatal error message on the site.
Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #7 by richardcail
I have now completely deleted the Kunena Forum software and re-installed in - with the latest version. I no longer have the error message on the site but I still have the problem with the untranslated strings in both the administration area and on the site. Help would still be very gratefully received.

More
7 years 7 months ago #8 by rich
Please follow these steps:

1. check if the file en-GB.com_kunena.sys.ini is available in "administrator/components/com_kunena/language/en-GB"
2. If the file not exists, go to the Kunena configuration (tab) General and enable the Debug Mode
3. upload my file again and you will see a more informative error message
4. to paste here the error message and also a configuration report

More
7 years 7 months ago #9 by richardcail
Hi

The file is definitely in the correct folder as you can see from the attached screen shot. I am also attaching a configuration report. Thank you very much for continuing to help me

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 768M | Max file upload: 128M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : Socialize | author: JomSocial | version: 2.1.0 | creationdate: October 5 2015

Kunena default template details : Crypsis | author: Kunena Team | version: 5.0.0 | creationdate: 2016-08-06

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 5.0.0 | 2016-08-06 [ Addax ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 4.2.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: Kunena Latest 5.0.0

Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #10 by rich
I see, that your migrated page runs in the folder jupgrade. Clear your cache and check in "Components -> Redirects" whether it includes redirects. If yes, go to "Extensions -> Plugins" and search the plugin "System - Redirect". Disable it and try again.

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds