Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Solved Does en-US language pack exist?

More
10 years 6 months ago #1 by larrykaiser
If someone can help me with this, I would appreciate it.

I have US English as my default on my site, but in my forum, it is still GB. Is there a language pack? If not, which file do I need to change? I cannot find the LC2 setting in any of the INI files.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by sozzled
No, there is no en-US language pack for Kunena (there has never been a language pack of this kind in the entire time that I have been involved with Kunena). There is no en-AU language pack, either.

en-GB is taken to mean "internationalised English" (not just the form of the language written and spoken in the United Kingdom) and, while some of the spellings may look a little odd to those who speak and write US English, the en-GB language pack is the only version of English that is currently maintained by the Kunena project team. However, if you would like to contribute to the project by translating en-GB to en-US (and continue to keep this language pack updated in the future) you are most welcome to join the Transifex project and help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larrykaiser

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by larrykaiser
there does not appear to be a en_us language pack in the downloadable file

More
10 years 6 months ago #4 by larrykaiser
ok, that helps. thanks

I just want to change the date format. I cannot find the file where that is. any help there? is it possible?

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #5 by sozzled
Changing the date format is easy. I think we have received hundreds of questions on that topic. It is a simple change in the en-GB language file that is installed by Kunena.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #6 by larrykaiser
usually it is, but I am not seeing the setting in any of the files that have been installed. I have changed this setting many times in other areas.

There are 11 files in the folder and none of them have PHP code to change the format
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by larrykaiser.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Changing the date format
Here's a hint: K 3.0.0: Dutch translation error: Birthdate shows J instead of year Sometimes it's a good idea to browse other topics in the forum for information that may be related to the question you want to know the answer to. I hope that helps.

More
10 years 6 months ago #8 by larrykaiser
I did look through the forums. The link you provided does not indicate where the file may be. Like I said, there are 11 files in the Joomla/components/kunena/language file and I do not see a setting anywhere in there.

More
10 years 6 months ago #9 by larrykaiser
so again, I will ask.

Which file on my webserver do I need to access to change the setting for US time? I am using the JSN-Epic template which has matching template for Kunena.

I have gone to the languages folder and there are 11 files there, none of which, seem to have a setting to change month - day - year to day - month - year.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #10 by sozzled
To some extent, the answer to the question "how do I change the date format" depends on which date you want to change. As a general answer the answer is to change the date (and/or time) strings in the language file and the general approach is to use the information in Where is the language file? if you want to change something like the date string for birthdates.

But the answer depends on which date you want to change. Can you be more specific, please? Which date(s) do you want to change?

Time to create page: 0.609 seconds