Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Forum crash

More
15 years 5 days ago #41 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re:Forum crash
Brunus wrote:

I tried to change parameters in administrator/components/com_kunena/Kunena_config.php but the component kunena don't use the new values.

Are you saying that the changed values aren't saved or are you saying that the saved values aren't honoured?

I assume that you were using a previous Joomla 1.5.x version (in "legacy" mode) but, to for the sake of completeness, could you also please submit details of what version of MySQL and PHP you are using.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 days ago #42 by Brunus
Replied by Brunus on topic Re:Forum crash
sozzled wrote:

Brunus wrote:

I tried to change parameters in administrator/components/com_kunena/Kunena_config.php but the component kunena don't use the new values.

Are you saying that the changed values aren't saved or are you saying that the saved values aren't honoured?

I assume that you were using a previous Joomla 1.5.x version (in "legacy" mode) but, to for the sake of completeness, could you also please submit details of what version of MySQL and PHP you are using.

Hi.

I tried to change the parameters in the Kunena config using the admin backend but I had de crash insteed of saved values.
Then I changed values directly in the file Kunena_config.php while using a text editor and of course they are saved.
But the kunena component still display and use the previous values. And while I did not find thoses parameters in the database, I was pretty sure that changing it in the file did the trick.

Sorry for the lack of infos :
php 5.2.6
Mysql 5.0.51a
Joomla! 1.5.10 on legacy mode
Kunena 1.0.8

In few minutes I will try to upgrade kunena to 1.0.9

Sincerely.

More
15 years 4 days ago #43 by sozzled
So, you're stating that the problem occurs when you try to save your Kunena parameters? :unsure:

More
15 years 4 days ago #44 by core2
Replied by core2 on topic Re:Forum crash
Index: The place for feature request is kunena.uservoice.com/pages/general?referer_type=top3 . The chose of MySQL version is debated in several threads in this forum. Version 4 is deprecated and will not be supported by the MySQL development team any more. You should ask your hosting provider to update their server or you should consider change hosting provider.

Visit the Kunena documantation .

More
15 years 4 days ago #45 by core2
Replied by core2 on topic Re:Forum crash
Brunus wrote:

Hi all

I have a similar problem, since I upgraded to joomla! 1.5.10, I can't anymore change things in the kunena configuration.

I trid to change parameters in administrator/components/com_kunena/Kunena_config.php but the component kunena don't use the new values.

Is it a prob relativ to this bug or something other ?

Bye

Edit sorry : I'm on kunena 1.0.8

Which Joomla version did you upgrade from? And you could change parameters before the update?

I believe that Kunena store the config in the database. so changing the file doesn't work.

Visit the Kunena documantation .

More
15 years 4 days ago #46 by Brunus
Which Joomla version did you upgrade from? And you could change parameters before the update?

I believe that Kunena store the config in the database. so changing the file doesn't work.

Upgraded Joomla! from a 1.5.8 to 1.5.9 and since last week, to 1.5.10

Kunena_config.php file contains values that are changing while you change it in the admin backend.

While I did not find the config values in the base, I was expecting that changing it in the file will work.

More
15 years 4 days ago #47 by Brunus
Ok...I finaly found the config values in the database...sorry for this. But I confirme that I still can't save parameters in the kunenna config admin since the upgrade to Joomla! 1.5.10

More
15 years 4 days ago #48 by Index
Replied by Index on topic Re:Forum crash
core2 wrote:

Index: The place for feature request is kunena.uservoice.com/pages/general?referer_type=top3 . The chose of MySQL version is debated in several threads in this forum. Version 4 is deprecated and will not be supported by the MySQL development team any more. You should ask your hosting provider to update their server or you should consider change hosting provider.

Hi Core2, thanks for your response!

I asked my provider to upgrade the MySQL and I am waiting for their response.
While it doesn't happen, my husband rewrote the latestx.php and now the default_ex template is fully working under my server config. I don't think this is the case for feature request. I just would like some recomendation on what to do while I wait for the server update: If I should downgrade to Fireboard or use the Kunena with this "hack".
I tested the forum and it seems to work fine. Perhaps the developers could tell if I will find or not some other piece of the code on Kunena 1.0.9 that will not work properly under this configuration.

Index.
www.thalesjacobi.net

More
15 years 4 days ago #49 by sozzled
Brunus wrote:

I finaly found the config values in the database...sorry for this. But I confirme that I still can't save parameters in the kunenna config admin since the upgrade to Joomla! 1.5.10

Then this is not a "forum crash" problem but a "I can't save my Kunena parameters" problem? Is that correct?

If this is correct, please start a new discussion topic with the subject "I can't save my Kunena parameters". Further discussion under the subject "forum crash" is confusing.

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds