Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Having problem with tab?

More
14 years 11 months ago #21 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Having problem with tab?
This issue has nothing to do with kunena.debug.php. In what page do you see this error message? URL helps, too..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #22 by Nebukader
hi i have the same problem on my site.

Here is the link too the error messeage
sgw-gge.de/index.php?option=com_kunena&I...func=showcat&catid=3

sorry for my bad english

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #23 by Jimmy1
Replied by Jimmy1 on topic Re:Having problem with tab?
Nebukader,

You are having the exact same problem I am having! I would think whatever fixes your problem will fix mine as well. I hope they can come out with a fix because it is annoying and I can\'t post my website with silly stuff like that. :P

By the way...I changed the Kunena.debug.php and the Kunena.version.php files from the link you gave me Matias with the files I had and it didn\'t make a difference with the problem.

Any other ideas?

Did I also mention that I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kunena and still no good?
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Jimmy1.

More
14 years 11 months ago #24 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Having problem with tab?
Always try to use default/default_ex template if you are having problems with custom one. If default themes work but your theme doesn't, then it's Kunena bug. If the only failing one is your theme, it needs some update for the new version.

PS. Always look if your own theme has been made for new version of Kunena before upgrading it.

Did this advice help?

More
14 years 11 months ago #25 by tmedina
Replied by tmedina on topic Re:Having problem with tab?
I have this same issue. From reading the reply's to this post it appears this issue remains unresolved?

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #26 by RobertNL
I am encountering the same problem as tmedia and Nebukader.

I have edited the version.php file and the debug.php file but now i receive the next error:

fatal error: Unable to load messages.\nDB function reports no errors in ..../components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.debug.php on line 57

I can succesfully install kunena v1.0.10 stable but when i go the the control panel i can see the following:

with on the bottom of the panel the fatal error.

Is it normal that the whole back-end of Joomla is gone when opening the control panel ?

Pleeeeaaaseee Developers help me and the others :) or tell me where to look for a solution so i can get into the code myself.

Thanks !

Greetings from Holland
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by RobertNL.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #27 by Jimmy1
Matias,

Yes I tried upgrading my current template to Joomla 1.5 template which was successful but did not fix the problem. I even switched to different themes from joomla 1.x themes to Joomla 1.5 themes and still no go.It looks like it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the theme.

Any more ideas? Seems like other people are starting to have the same problem or similar problem.

<EDIT>

I have used both 1.x newest and 1.5b Kunena and neither of them fix the problem with any Joomla 1.5 and 1.x template I throw at it.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Jimmy1.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #28 by RobertNL
Jimmy and others,

It seems that i have found a solution.. not quite sure though but it looks like it is now working for me.

Change in /components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.debug.php

On line 54:

Code:
trigger_error($text.'n'.$database->stderr(true), E_USER_ERROR);

to

Code:
//trigger_error($text.'n'.$database->stderr(true), E_USER_ERROR);

I found this in the following thread:

www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=4&id=9420

Still wondering what the developers have to say about this issue :)

Greetings and good luck 2 all !

[ UPDATE 1 ]

The backend of Kunena was now looking more "normal" however i was not able to load the forum normal into my Joomla 1.5.10 site with cb 1.2.

When i check the components installed on my joomla site i can see that the kunena version installed is 1.0.9 while im sure to downloaded the 1.0.10 file from the download area. Also i could see that there is/was a red cross behind the kunena component under the compatible "tab".

I am now trying to install the Kunena 1.5 version to see if that might work better.

Greetings

[ UPDATE 2 ]

Nope, i couldnt install the 1.5 version :( So i have installed the other one again.

With the adjustments in the debug.php and versions.php file it is not working. To see what is happening check my url:

www.edit.vraaghetonline.nl/index.php?opt...com_kunena&Itemid=63

I can see these "tables" with errors also on the Kunena back-end under the "Populair Topics" header.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by RobertNL.

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #29 by Jimmy1
RobertNL,

I have checked out line 54 on kunena.debug.php and line 54 shows this...

<CODE>

Installed version: <?php echo $kunenaVersion; ?> | php <?php echo $kunenaPHPVersion; ?> | mysql <?php echo

Are you referring to 1.0.10 or 1.5.1b? Or maybe an earlier version?

I did however find

<CODE>

trigger_error($text.'\n'.$kunena_db->stderr(true), E_USER_ERROR);

on line 59 in 1.5.1b. I will change it to what you specified before and see what happens.

<EDIT>

RobertNL! You may be onto something! I am now able to see my template just fine in the "My Discussions" tab, however it now contains the white background and back lettering with no color or graphics. I attached a SS to this post.

Good news is I am not receiving any more errors or miss leading errors codes at the bottom however as you can see according to the picture I have attached to this post that is still looks weird and not working correctly.

Keep up the good work as you may be onto something that will correct this problem!
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Jimmy1.

More
14 years 10 months ago #30 by RobertNL
Hi Jimmy1,

You're now having the same problem as me..

I dont know what this problem is or how to solve it.

Let's wait for a developer's reaction on this issue. I think that's the only thing we can do at this moment.

Greetings,

Robert

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds