Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Idea SOLVED: NOT SOLVED: BBCode legend (Help) doesn't work

More
14 years 9 months ago #21 by latino
Hi:

The legend is not working, my big problem were the tools. The BBCODE now works. We have same situation. But without the tools forum was useless, and you provided the fix!

Regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #22 by JComeskey
latino wrote:

Hi:

The legend is not working, my big problem were the tools. The BBCODE now works. We have same situation. But without the tools forum was useless, and you provided the fix!

Regards!

OK, then you and I both share the same situation now. My guess is maybe an RT extension is causing js conflict. Other than Rok Candy, what RT extensions are you using?

More
14 years 9 months ago #23 by latino
Hi:

I use rokweather, rokajaxsearch, rokstories, rokbox, roktabs, roktwiter, roknewspager, roknewsflash. The problem should be something system-wide. for the forum I dont have those modules active at it. So that makes it difficult to identify. I also run CB 1.2.1 so mayba a CB plugin could be the cause (if you have CB 1.2 too).

I tried disabling rokbox, rokcandy plugins. Nothing changed.

More
14 years 9 months ago #24 by sozzled
Before going any further, to clarify the term tooltip, we are not using the commonly-used definition (i.e. the small yellow box that pops up when the mouse cursor hovers over a window element) - this is not an issue, I believe. We are discussing the behaviour of the Kunena message editor that uses Javascript to display alternative text in a yellow box below the toolbar.

I fairly convinced that Joomla has a bearing on this problem. Joomla 1.5.10 brought many security changes aimed at preventing badly-formed or malicious Javascript exploits. J! 1.5.11 has built on those foundations. Good thing too! B)

This is my personal experience of the problem:
  • Local PC development site: J! 1.5.7 website, K 1.0.10, CB 1.2.1, JEvent 1.5, JA_Purity template - BB tooltips work.
  • Beta test site: J! 1.5.7 website, K 1.0.10, CB 1.2.1, JA_Purity template - BB tooltips work.
  • Production site: J! 1.5.10 website, K 1.0.10, CB 1.2.1, govista template - BB tooltips did not work until I implemented the fix described in message #18844 .
This is a summary of what I know of JComeskey's experience:
  • Production site: J! 1.5.10 website, K 1.0.10, JEvent 1.something, RocketTheme template - BB tooltips does not work even after implementing the abovementioned fix; changing to rhuk_milkyway template has no effect either.
  • Secondary site: J! 1.5.10 website, K 1.0.8 - half the BB tooltips work but half of them don't. ( #18896 ); after upgrading to K 1.0.10 the behaviour is identical to the production site.
This is a summary of what I know of latino's experience:
  • Production site: J! 1.5.11 website, K 1.0.10, CB 1.2.1, RocketTheme Refraction template - neither BB code nor smiley worked until disabled RokCandy plugin; BB toolips do not work ( #18927 )
  • Secondary site: K 1.0.9 - BB toolips work. ( #18902 )
Have I summarised the important facts correctly? Do you see anything in common, anything I've overlooked?

More
14 years 9 months ago #25 by JComeskey
sozzled wrote:

This is a summary of what I know of JComeskey's experience:

• Production site: J! 1.5.10 website, K 1.0.10, JEvent 1.something, RocketTheme template - BB tooltips does not work even after implementing the abovementioned fix; changing to rhuk_milkyway template has no effect either.
  • Secondary site: J! 1.5.10 website, K 1.0.8 - half the BB tooltips work but half of them don't. ( #18896 ); after upgrading to K 1.0.10 the behaviour is identical to the production site.
Have I summarised the important facts correctly? Do you see anything in common, anything I've overlooked?

I would add that I am using a Rockettheme template and some RT extensions at the secondary site too. So the RT stuff is definitely a common trait.

Both of my sites are also using Rokajaxsearch. That one caught my attention right away. However, I disabled it with no effect on the Kunena problem.

Also both of my sites are using CB 1.2. I have not upgraded to 1.2.1 yet, but it sounds like Latino has.

More
14 years 9 months ago #26 by JComeskey
I don't think that this is related, but there is one other thing that I noticed at about the time that I upgraded to K1.0.10: At both of my sites, after submitting a post, I am no longer automatically redirected to the thread. I get stuck at the page that says 'Your message has been successfully posted'.

I looked for a configuration parameter on that, but did not find it. Am I just being ignorant? Is this a related issue? Is this a secondary issue?

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #27 by sozzled
Upgrade to CB 1.2.1. This is the number 1 cause of Javascript conflicts with Kunena 1.0.10 for users of Community Builder. I'm surprised you've been able to get anything to work! See the category Community Builder for more information.
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 9 months ago #28 by JComeskey
Yes, indeed CB 1.2 was the underlying issue for all of my known problems.

I just upgraded one of my sites to CB 1.2.1 and all of my known issues are now fixed:
    tooltip
    redirect after posting
    preview function

Of course, this is in combination with replacing the kunenaforum.min.js file as discussed earlier.

So when using J 1.5.10 (or 1.5.11) and K 1.0.10, you should be sure to implement the kunenaforum.min.js file fix. And if you are using CB, be sure to be using CB 1.2.1 or newer.

Plus the new Kunena friendly functionality that comes with CB 1.2.1 is awesome!!

Thanks everybody for the help. I would have eventually gotten off my a$$ and performed the CB upgrade. But being able to discuss it and work through the issues helps my small brain immensely!!

I will now mark this thread solved.

More
14 years 8 months ago #29 by itgl72
sozzled wrote:

I can confirm that I had exactly the same problem as JComeskey ... exactly as he described it! I can also confirm that I've fixed the problem as described in lemur's post SOLVED: BBCode legend (Help) doesn't work . First of all, thank you, lemur and Matias, for your help. :woohoo:

You need to follow the procedure carefully; it's easy to make a mistake and discover that you've made no improvement.

1. Examine the directory ../components/com_kunena/templates/defaul/js
  2. there are two files, one called kunenaforum.js (which is 4467 bytes) and the other called kunenaforum.min.js (which is 4323 bytes);
  3. delete kunenaforum.min.js
  4. make another copy of kunenaforum.js and rename the copy as kunenaforum.min.js
  5. you should now have two identically-sized files (of 4467 bytes) in your directory called kunenaforum.js and kunenaforum.min.js
This solved my problem and I'm rapt! B) What causes this problem, I still don't know. I did not need to see these problems occur after upgrading to K 1.0.10 with J! 1.5.7 or J! 1.5.8. The problems exhibited themselves with J! 1.5.10. Perhaps it's a Joomla thing? Can someone else confirm this is the case? :S

Nailed it, thanks for this. It now works.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds