Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Can I Install more than one kunena forum in my site? (Solved)

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #11 by Lintzy
Ok, i did it :cheer: and it looks good to me :D. But without any guarantee, and only for your own risk! And make a Backup before install!!!

You have to search and replace in quellcode (with Dreamweaver or PSPad) (instructions see my first post) Kunena, kunena and KUNENA. Then you have to change the filenames and foldernames. I have changed string kunena in secondforum, KUNENA in SECONDFORUM and Kunena in Secondforum.

Now for database you have to search and replace fb_ in blub_ (or another string, important ist string and _ =string_ or blub_ and to search for fb AND _ = fb_. And you have to rename files and folders with fb_ into blub_ , for example the file fb_category_list_bottom.php into blub_category_list_bottom.php. Do not search only for fb without _ !!!

At last you have to zip it and install. I have put the working file as attachment. But you should realize, that you have to make changes for every kunena update in same way. So you must change the new file with secondforum and blub_ (or the strings you have chosen).

The file is to large... just a minute. Ok, here is the download of the duplicated kunena forum called secondforum.

Edit: You can download this file and install it in addition to your original Kunena Forum and you will have two forums: Kunena and Second Forum - but please backup Database before and first of all try it in testing enviroment.
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Lintzy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #12 by MasterVision
you changed/replaced fb_ to blub_ not duplicating? :dry:

how about the old Kunena... what tables it is using? :unsure:

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #13 by Lintzy
I don't understand your questions.

You have an original Kunena Forum, which you install with original files and with Table prefix : jos_fb_.
And you have second Forum, which have other table prefix = jos_blub_

You install two forums with two different Table Prefixes in your joomla database.

But: I just thought a little bit about it, the user registration is controlled by Joomla. And so all users have access to both forums. Or you work with JACL or other restriction tools.

More
15 years 1 month ago #14 by Lintzy
What happened now? :woohoo: Are you speechless with amazement or are you searching your arms, to find and punish me for crashing your system? :P ;)

Ok, could anyone tell me, please, if the file is working as correct as on my installation?

More
15 years 1 month ago #15 by Matias
They will use the same database tables, so you won't gain anything from only renaming filenames..

Replace also all #__fb_ with #__kunena1_ and you will have two independent Kunena installations.

I'm thinking of making a support for multiple databases, but it's not in the top priority right now..

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #16 by Lintzy
Matias wrote:

They will use the same database tables, so you won't gain anything from only renaming filenames..

Replace also all #__fb_ with #__kunena1_ and you will have two independent Kunena installations.

I'm thinking of making a support for multiple databases, but it's not in the top priority right now..

I have replaced all #__fb_ with #__blub_ and have got two independent kunena installations. Matias, did you read the thread or did you answer only to topic? :side:

More
15 years 1 month ago #17 by Matias
I'm too busy to read all messages right now. Just went through all messages and tried to answer where I could..

Sorry..

More
15 years 1 month ago #18 by BLaCKie_MoRGaN
I dont see the point to have two forum components in one site, since there are categories and soon groups/permission.

More
15 years 1 month ago - 15 years 1 month ago #19 by Caestor
Thanks a lot Lintzy, It's work perfect (kunena and a second forum named Kunmedic:lol: )! just what i wait for!!!
Good Job thank you for your workB) :woohoo:

BLaCKie_MoRGaN to answer your question about what's the utility!
take a look to my site to understand!!
When you have more than 20 forum in the category, and 7 categories you will have a very long Forum!
When you use Child forums, it's not pretty good to see, and everyone can put threads in the Parent forum instead of the Child ones!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by Caestor.

More
15 years 1 month ago #20 by grumblemarc
Excellent work. Looks like this will be troublesome to upgrade but glad you've succeeded.

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds